Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+ air suspension

My driveway is on a slope. The eqs ground clearance is very low. Front bumper bottom is hitting my driveway.

The owner manual show, eqs air suspension adjustable, but I couldn’t find the adjustment option in my eqs. Anyone know how the raise air suspension in eqs. Thanks

1 Like

Have you considered backing in?

1 Like

I gave in and got 2 of these

6 Likes

Could also get rid of the pothole magnets and get some wheels that let you put beefy tires on. :grin:

They look nice but Tesla knows f%#& all about making good quality wheels.

Move…

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes the back in works but my wife is little nervous to back in to our tight garage.

I know the car comes with AIRMATIC option, which should allow the car to adjust the suspension height. But I’d couldn’t didn’t the adjustment option in the car.

I suppose I shouldn’t have too much trouble finding one to borrow for a few days. Our new driveway has a weird lip I’ve been thinking of getting shaved down anyhow so this should be an Interesting use case.

If I find out before you do I’ll let you know what I figure out.

Mercedes and bmw have mods that lower and raise suspension on demand. Likely to void your warranty though

The SUV has an off road mode which raises it a bit. Not sure if the sedan has the same thing. Press the settings/home button and take a look

Angled approach helps.

Not sure if throwing some ppf on the area that scrapes would help at all. Or, you could just not care since its a lease, as long as the area that scrapes isnt visible.

I guess MB financial will charge for underbody scratches right, when I return the car by end of the lease term.

Underbody is almost never looked at for minor damage.

1 Like

Not sure if you were able to figure this out, but seems like manual height adjustment on EQS is not available in US, but I believe if you use the comfort setting, it should be at the highest height? Maybe give it a try and let us know if that worked.

I always keep the car on Comfort mode, but I dont think the setting keep the car at elevated position.

Probably worth reminding MBZ that the adjustable suspension was available on cheaper cars for many years. Time for an OTA update to give this function to US EQS given the car’s low stance and long wheelbase. And do something those brakes while at it!
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe this would help? Might be too much of a pain every time?

I wouldn’t do that tbh. You mess with the safety features, transport mode might also mess with he drivetrain.

I mean they are using this mode for getting these on and off trailers at the dealerships so I would guess it’s safe as long as it’s only being used at low speeds. It seems like using this to pull into a sloped driveway would be exactly what it’s for. You just can’t forget to take it out of transport mode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.