Mercedes A220 Lease

Hackers, I ended up signing a lease last Saturday on a new A220 with AMG package. I know the lease deals are terrible on this car right now, but I really enjoyed how it drove and the features. Could have gotten into a base c-class for the same price, but did not like the overall look and feel as much as the a class. Apparently I got employee pricing, whether that’s true or not I don’t know.
Financed through Mercedes Financial
MSRP 46,500
SELLING PRICE 38,250
12,000/MILES YR
$1750 negative equity from trade
TRUE SIGN AND DRIVE
$540/36

I am well aware of what other vehicles I could have gotten for this same payment. How does this payment look for absolutely nothing down, negative equity and no MSD’s?

MF, Residual?
Rebates/Incentives?

You should do MSD’s though because that lower the payment.

IMO the payment is too high and they don’t lease well. For that price (and lower) people are getting BMW M340i’s which is bigger and more expensive but lower payment.

But if you already signed it then whats it matter. Enjoy the car but next time get to us before you sign.

This deal is as bad as that other person who signed a bad deal on A220

2 Likes

It’s effectively $492/month without the negative equity, which at least isn’t as bad as this:

OMG, I am having remorse with my deal, cant imagine how that person must feel. Oh well, we live and learn. Just going to enjoy the car.

No, nobody is getting a m340i for that payment haha especially after negative equity, nothing down, and tax included. You said you prefer this car to the C300 so be happy and enjoy your ride.

3 Likes

A ~$492 sign and drive payment on a $46.5k car with 12k miles per year honestly isn’t terrible. Maybe not hackr-worthy, but it’s still pretty decent. Plus, Mercedes don’t lease as well as BMWs, and the A-Class is a brand-new car. You did well enough - enjoy the car!

2 Likes

Thank you, that eases my mind somewhat. I thought the dealership worked with me to the best of their ability. Something that I did not mention in my initial post is that I still owed 7 payments on the truck that I turned in $471/month/$3,297. They worked with me on reducing the negative equity to $1750.

Also, while at the dealership I was comparing the lease offer I got to the lease special on Mercedes website that shows $369/36, $3,763 down (excluding tax, title and license) for a MSRP $36,075.

Its a shame that car leasing has to be so difficult. Manufacturers should monitor dealerships closely to ensure customers are not getting taken advantage of.