Mercedes 6 month early return offer

I know this is probably not a good deal but has anyone seen or been through a 6 month return offer. Mercedes usually does 3 sometimes 5 months, but I was thinking about getting into a different car other than the AMG (Unless I can get a killer deal on one) that they are pushing me too. Hopefully Mercedes is looking to off load some inventory because of the current situation. They have a lot of AMG’s just siting around not getting sold, but a cheaper car payment on a C300 might be a better way to go. I have thought about going with BMW but do like the Mercedes C class better than the 3 series even if it has better performance. I sit in traffic a lot and the interior is nicer at least in my opinion. Does anyone know this months Money Factor and additional rebate offers?

This seems a lot like a dealer pull ahead that will roll in current payments versus a MBFS offer. Ask on Edmunds for current rebate information. This offer seems terrible though (which means your prior lease was even worse)

1 Like

AFAIK Mercedes doesn’t have a 6-month pull ahead. They are rolling in your payments most likely.

Edmunds is the place to get that info you are looking for.

Looks like $982/mo with $1571 DAS for a C43. Better off to just live with this lease until it’s term is complete, and in the meantime OP should read this forum. OP will get a much better deal when free to shop anywhere, including our awesome brokers on LH.

1- Your new offer sucks
2- Your current deal sucks even more than the new offer
3- People on this forum routinely snag C43 sedans in the mid 600s ($0 driveoffs)

Good thing you came to this forum. You will thank yourself for the $$$$ saved on your next lease.

Check LC’s MB deals, some of the strongest ones on the forum.
CC: @AutoCompanion

4 Likes

This isn’t an early return/pull ahead offer. There is nothing in there about waiving your remaining payments. This is the dealership talking you out of even more money.

1 Like

How did I miss the $1000/mo C class thread. Wow. Of course they can lower your payment :laughing:

@Acorvettes you need to do absolutely nothing until you are done paying for this albatross, then we can help you get a good deal.

4 Likes

I figured that they would put what I owed on my current lease on the new one. I asked the sales manager that in an email yesterday and never heard back, I wonder why LOL

They absolutely will. Why would you want to pay tax and interest on it a second time?

How do you tell the current payments are rolled in from the email?

If it isn’t an official MBFS pull-head, where else would they go?

2 Likes

MBFS typically offers a 3-month pull-ahead. I utilized it on my past two leases w/o rolling in payments.

With OP paying $1000/m towards this lease, you never know, his balance maybe lower than the residual and he may even have some positive equity!!

/s

They either rolled in the payments or they’re buying out the car and rolling in the negative equity. There’s nothing else the dealer can do if MBFS isn’t doing a pull ahead program. The dealer doesn’t own the car so they can’t just make the payments disappear.

1 Like

Good point. OP should definitely get offers from Carvana/Vroom etc and compare them to his buyout.
Fair warning though, if they marked up the mf substantially, the money could’ve been going to interest payments over the principal.

I’ve yet to be in a situation personally with an MB where my buyout < market value at any point of the lease. Have been in that situation once with BMW.

I just sold my 2017 C43 to a local MB dealer who paid $10K more then Carvana offered. I would walk into your local MB dealership and try to negotiate on a buyout. As also mentioned, you can get into a C43 for under $600/mo right now.

1 Like

Did a quick search on certified C43s. 75 miles from central NJ.
Looked for 2018s with around 25k miles.

Back of the envelope numbers here:
seems like the car is going around $46K
If I estimate a rough 8k profit margin for the dealer, that means they can purchase his car around $38k.
I guess if OPs buyout is $38k or lower, this might be a worthwhile pursuit for him.

The crazy thing is you can buy a new $60K C43 right now for $49K.

It really should lease better.

1 Like

Wow that’s a 19% discount. Pretty nuts considering OP literally paying some kind of “market adjustment” on top of the car.

So I probably wont try a buyout but I might look into it just for educational purposes. Because of COVID I hardly drive (at least for now) I have a 36 month 12K a year on my current lease. I have to turn in my current lease in January and I have just 25k on the odometer. There was a very minor accident that got fixed, driver backed into my car at a red light but it was only 2,500 to fix with their insurance. Not sure how that would affect the resale but I’m sure it lost a little value.