MB surcharge for 3rd party financing. This is bullshit, right?

Oh, it does? Okay, good to know.

So nobody other than Leasehackrs ever complained about the hard sell by the finance folks?

Actually, I have heard that folks who use discount coupons at restaurants tend to leave lower reviews on online review sites than folks that did not use coupons. So maybe folks that get good deals tend to complain more.

I don’t work at dealers now that pay or punish based on surveys since they are BS. I have lost enough money because some customer thinks “no one is perfect, be happy with all 9s” or the cafe didn’t have their favorite snack. In fact, my scores are better now that I don’t coach survey scores.

100%. Someone who spends hours negotiating thinking they left money on the table is never going to be happier than someone who walks in and bought at asking.

2 Likes

Update: So I reached out to the easy to deal with manager who’s on vacation and he made a few phone calls and they will accept any financing I bring and it will be a no bullshit MSRP deal as promised.

We’ll see what happens at the finish line.

8 Likes

Update 2: Glad I raised the issue before picking the car up. Everything was resolved, they took my Penfed financing and final invoice was barebones clean. All good.

6 Likes

For future reference or anyone else’s benefit, I always have my financing lined up when I go in, but give the dealer a chance to match or beat it. I always tell them they need to beat it, but would take the match. I’d say about half the time they do. That works for both of us. I get a better rate and they make a little from financing.

Had a really interesting experience when we bought my wife’s car in November. F&I guy said he couldn’t match the rate, but would discount the car to beat the payment. He explained there was a financing spiff they were trying to hit. He took about $1200 off the price. We were at MSRP with no DAOs, so the spiff must have been pretty significant.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.