MB Purchase Related Question - Ordering Purchase Price Vs Inventory Purchase Price

I have a buddy about to order (for cash purchase) a new MB GLE450. Nothing crazy, just can’t find exactly what he’s looking for on a lot. We’re in Atlanta and all the dealers are saying they will only do this for a full MSRP sale.

Is this typical? Yes, MB dealers don’t discount much here on standard current inventory, but no discount on a simple guaranteed sale of a new car?

I’ve suggested he buy from way out of state to get a discount to sticker and take delivery at the MB plant in Alabama where the vehicle will be assembled. Am I crazy? Any suggestions?

Also, if you take delivery at the plant, are you able to avoid the destination charge?

Thanks

Some dealers will discount a custom order and some won’t.

Yes, GLE’s are hot and there’s not much to be had in terms of deals, however I would never pay full sticker for one, much less on a custom order.

That said, if the dealer can sell every one they get at or close to sticker, then there’s not much incentive for them to go any lower on a custom order.

I would highly recommend that your friend shop around before pulling the trigger. We don’t see much around here regarding MB custom orders but hopefully some of the brokers/dealers can chime in and help out.

There’s a few on cargurus that show in stock over 200 days, doesn’t hurt to reach out to those dealers

Not to my knowledge.

Contact @AutoCompanion through LH or his site. He might have allocations and help you with a discount of any sort.