MB Lease Return: curb rash on wheels

Hello, now that pre-turn in inspections are all cancelled, I’m trying to find some guidance on curb rash on rims. The lease turn in guide from Mercedes doesn’t mention anything about scratches on wheels; just bends, cracks, etc. Does anyone know if you will be charged for curb rash? And if so, what are the specifications for what is charged and what isn’t? Is it the same ‘credit card’ size used for damage elsewhere on the vehicle? I’m trying to decide if it makes sense to refinish the wheels prior to turn in.

Anyone had recent experience with Mercedes and this? Thanks!

I refinished mine prior to return. You can get an early inspection done before you turn it in.

In a lot of areas, this isn’t available currently due to covid.

Yes, this is the problem we have… It might be better by the time of turn in, but I don’t want to be caught off guard if they still aren’t available.

I dont know about benz, but bmw is really lenient on curb rashes. They all end up at Manhiem to be refurbished and auction off. Unless they are special wheels I think you’re ok.

I’ve returned 2 vehicles to MB with minor curb rashes on the rims, from what i understand, as long as its not missing a chunk of metal or cracked, they take them back with no issues. Autovin noted the rashes on their report but there was no charges associated with them.

1 Like

I had the same experience as @kzx5rs when I returned my C300 in January. Autovin noted the rash but there was no charge associated with it. My autovin rep told me MB would only charge if they were gouged or cracked.

I would look for a Mobile Wheel repair via Yelp & get a quote… (one with an instagram page to review their work on other vehicles). Here in So Cal there are plenty still doing mobile work despite COVID 19.

I turned in my last E350 with a good bit of curb rash and it was ignored.

It’s everything, the curb-rash, the scratches or small dings, the carpet stain. Whatever

If the total of everything is below their threshold - you pass and pay nothing. If all of it adds up to more than their threshold then you pay.