MB EQE Early Lease Buyout NJ

Hi Leasehackr community:

I’m working on finalizing my EQE lease, and have a concern about doing an early buyout. Because of the mileage I do, and the likeliness of the car I had previously ordered coming in in a few months, I want to buyout my EQE essentially immediately after leasing it and capture the available incentives. I am in NJ, but the car is out of state in PA if that matters. No sales tax of any kind on EV in NJ. I would also be rolling in the fees and such into my monthly payment. 2 questions:

1. How do I accurately calculate the buyout cost? I am led to believe that MBFS will charge a 4% early buyout fee? Would the buyout be [Residual + (Remaining lease payments - Rent charge)] * 1.04?

2. MBFS does allow the lessee, me, to buyout the lease in cash? I will then send them the money, and they will mail me the title?

TIA

Call MBFS and ask for a payoff. They will crush you with that 4% early buyout fee, though. Make sure it does not include tax.

Not a direct answer but

MB EVs have been performing very poorly since they started hitting auctions. May want to think about that

2 Likes

You really, really dont want to do an early buyout

6 Likes

How would the early buyout fee be calculated? Would my above calculation be correct? Its just 4% of the Residual + Depreciation for the length of the lease? Idk, based on my math I don’t feel that 4% would be crushing considering my lease is already heavily discounted?

Yeah, I have that concern too. I would dump this thing in like 3-4 months after getting it, wondering how big I would loose even with the 25% off I am getting initially.

But I don’t want to car for the whole length of my lease, I guess I could transfer it to someone?

You would literally be better off paying the remaining payments and dropping it off early than by lighting $20k+ on fire by buying iet out and reselling.

3 Likes
1 Like

MBFS doesn’t allow transfers except for lessees residing in CT, AFAIK.

Don’t sign the lease if you don’t want to take it to term.

1 Like

I’m leasing at 75.5% of MSRP, and a residual of 70%. Still lightning 20k on fire after 2 months? My buyout would be like 62k based on my calculations with the 4%, these things are still selling around 70-80k used?

Some napkin math lease numbers:
13 month leae
MSRP: $80400
Cost after dealer discount and incentive: $57242 + 2k in Fees and such
Residual: 70% 56,280
Monthly rent charge: 373
Monthly depreciation: 171

How am I lightning 20k on fire by buying out early? I literally calculated my buyout with MB 4% at 62k.

Maybe I’ll just ride it out…

Go check out mmr on these

Shit, I am guessing

I know it is trash. Anyway, the decision is either ride out the MB lease the full length, or just don’t do it at all.

Eqe probably isnt as bad as the eqs, but i recall seeing eqs numbers inthe $50-60k range on a $110 msrp

Is it normal to have early buy-out fee?

Why not? That’s the only way to get $7500 incentive. Is it not attractive enough?

Sorry, what is MMR?

Because you don’t want to try to catch the falling knife that is the depreciation on these.

Lease it and turn it in at the end, but do not purchase it. You dont want to be the one that has to own the depreciation here.