Mazda CX9 lease up in 5 months - looking for options

Hello everyone!

My wife’s 2018 CX9 lease is up in February, and I am starting to look at vehicles, so I don’t shop last minute. We had a solid deal last time ( I think). I’m in southeast Florida, and this is what the last deal looked like:
2018 CX9 Touring
36/10k
600 DAS (1st month plus registration fee)
345/month tax inc (6% at the time)
They also sent me a check to pay the last month I had left on prior lease plus the dispo fee to Nissan which basically evened out the DAS money.

I am looking to stay in the same financial range, but I need a 3 row SUV with more cargo space when the 3 rows are up. The CX9 cargo space is relatively small, the family has grown, and our double stroller does not fit if all 3 rows are up. The car is good on gas without feeling heavy or lacking performance. It runs very smoothly, and the safety features are great.

What 2020 or 2021 3-row SUVs are there with consistently good lease programs? We are trying to stay off a mini van. My wife is a teacher, and I am a current infiniti leasee if helps. Also, we are way under mileage, that vehicle is averaging 7900/year.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Pilot ex-l is your current best bet

There is no consistency. Programs change every month, so your questions are a little premature. Nobody will know what’s leasing well in February until February

I’d spend the time reading this forum and test driving

2 Likes

I understand what’s available today, may not be available in February, but it gives me an idea of the current market. Plus there are certain vehicles who perform better than others, and while deals and programs can change every month, there is some trend among certain brand/models

Curious what you ended up with. I’m on a similar situation where I have a cx9 due next month. But I don’t need the extra room. We love the pilot but they are crazy. Right now best deal we have is another cx9. Everyone else is just plum crazy.

Hello @JayZ,

We ended up getting another CX9. It worked out great. An overall better deal than my last CX9. I went with Captain Seats this time and an upgraded trim too.

1 Like

any chance you can post the numbers? msrp, discount, final lease price, monthly and months/mileage? Looking at the CX9 for my wifes next lease when the current one is up later in the year.

I’m interested in hearing about his CX-9 deal as well. We like the vehicle, but it is a little cramped when all rows are up. However, in this market it’s tough to find anything better. Jeep GCL may be close.

There is high CX5 and CX9 inventory right now in Florida. Seems to be one of the few options that have normalized.

Also 0.9% factory financing for purchase

We have 3 kids and got with the captain’s chairs. Just keep the second back seat down and the trunk is very usable then.

2 Likes

You know you are asking for numbers pre Carpocalypse right? They will not make a diff in today’s market.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy too, but I do not have the paperwork here, and the screenshot I have is only of the monthly. It was a year ago already, and I know numbers are drastically different. I do remember from memory the best rate was on 30/12k even though everyone kept trying to quote me 36/10k. I check on edmunds for the MF, residual and rebates. I also qualified for loyalty since I was coming from another Mazda.