Mazda CX5 premium lease Deal check - GA -

I have an offer right now…Mazda CX5 2023 premium - I’m trading in my Mazda 2018 and getting $17k for it, with 10k payoff on my trade
Monthly payment on new CX5 is 340 and residual is 59% or $20,222. The MSRP on the new car is $35,270. Total amount due with trade is $30,804 after all fees and the trade. $0 down

For me, the monthly payment amount is the same - $327 for current vs. $340 for new lease.

Is this a decent deal?

You’re at over 500 a month. Separate out the two deals so you don’t get screwed.

Unfortunately, you can’t compare the 340 to 327 as the 340 includes basically $7000 as a down payment or some other pre-payment or cost cap reduction. If this is a 36 month lease that’s 7000/36 which is about $200 a month so it’s really about $540 to $327 comparison. If this is a 24 month lease it’s even worse at 7000/24 is about $300 a month.

1 Like

ah ok - it’s a 36 month lease

I am not sure what the going rate for these cars is, but just be sure you look at the total lease cost or “effective payment” as some lingo on this site. It’s like someone saying well I only pay $100 a month for a Ferrari, but I traded in another Ferrari that had 125k equity.

Thanks! So sell/trade the 2018, then do the 2023 lease separate (I know it seems simple but I just want to confirm).

1 Like

Yes correct. It keeps it easier to track where the stealership is trying to fudge numbers to make it look good on paper, but look better for their bottom line.

2 Likes

Yes unless you really know your numbers.

1 Like

Here’s what I have from them - not the latest version because they brought the trade from $16k to $17k and adjusted my payment from $423 to $340

Something isn’t adding up here. “Giving you” an extra $1000 on the trade wouldn’t drop your payment by about $85 a month. That would need to be in the 3-4K range more trade or further discount.

1 Like

I agree - and they’re definitely doing something with the numbers to get me to $340

but that being said - still a bad deal?

Have you looked at what @AutoNinjas is offering on CX-5s?

2 Likes

ADM for a Mazda??? Runaway from this dealer. These are being discounted aggressively right now.
If I was in your shoes I would reach out to @AutoNinjas they can get you a much better deal and believe have availability in neighboring FL

Edit me and @paranoidgarliclover posted at the same time similar advice.

3 Likes

what does “adm for a mazda” mean?

Added Dealer Markup They are selling for over sticker price. Not good.

1 Like

Great minds. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.