Mazda CX-90 PHEV - Discounts & Lease then Buyout Questions

Hello,

I was looking into leasing (buying) a new PHEV. I can across the Mazda CX-90 PHVE and wanted some input/help.

I was thinking about leasing, then doing a buyout since there is the $7500 rebate that only applies to leases (and isn’t attainable any other way, since Federal EV rebate has changed).

Here are my numbers:

Car Price - 52,390
Discount - 1,250
Rebate - 7,500
Adjusted Price - 43,640
Doc Fee - 85
Tax - 830
Non-Tax Fees - 698
Total - 45,254

I don’t really care about the lease number, I’m basically looking at what people are getting as discounts off the MSRP (separate from the rebate). Also wanted to know if there are any issues with a early lease buyout (like what I’ve read about from Texas) or if there are any problem that I might run into (will I have an issue getting a loan right after signing into a lease?).

Also, does lease buyout affect anything as far as warranty or anything like that?

Thank you,
M-T

What’s the MF? Are you better off waiting and financing the lease after the term is over if the MF is less than bank rate?

1 Like

Not enough discount.

You have no issues like Texas to worry about. Doesn’t affect warranty.

1 Like

It isn’t quite as cut and dry as if mf*2400<loan APR since loan terms make a difference, but there’s certainly little reason to do an early buyout if the net rent charge is less than net interest you’d pay over a comparable holding term.

2 Likes

Check the Signed! section and search in Share Deals & Tips for data points. I got a bit over 7% off on mine before the rebate.

3 Likes

Would you mind posting the basic numbers you got to? was your model a preferred, so 7% off $51K?

Thank you

2024 Mazda CX90 PHEV Premium | NY | 24/12 | $54,896 MSRP | $423mo Pre-Tax| $2300 DAS - Share Deals & Tips - FORUM | LEASEHACKR

Cool. Thank you! Also, I see that the lease Calculator shows MSDs, do you know if that could have been applied to your lease for an even better deal?

mmm you might need to refresh your calculator, there are no MSDs in there. I worked with a dealer in NY so they can’t use MSDs. If you’re planning to buy out the car, reducing the rate on the initial loan won’t really matter.

I noticed you mentioned in your original post that you grew to dislike the car and we’re happy it was only a 2 year lease. Is that still the case for you?

1 Like

Yes I hate it. It’s such an annoying nanny car, constantly beeping and warning and flashing. The lane departure detection is janky and will jerk the wheel. The dial to navigate the display is flimsy (even the new CX5 has a better dial that feels sturdier and more tactile). The engine is not very refined and the doors are so light that you’d think they were made from soda can aluminum.

2 Likes

which engine do you have?

The phev’s are all the same 2.5l i4

Is the cargo space as crappy as it seems? That’s what made my wife nix the car.

Seems standard for me. It may be narrower in some spaces due to bulges for 3rd row cup holders, though. But yea if rear storage is a primary decision factor, there are better options.

Thank you for the honest opinion. I was really considering getting one of these, but the fact that they raised the MSRP $2500 and now hearing that people aren’t even enjoying them makes me glad I didn’t rush into getting one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.