Mazda CX-9 Touring $399 | Need Help

Hello, I currently have a 2021 Sabaru Outback Limited with 30,000 miles on it. My lease isn’t up until 06/01/2024. Current payment $355 (zero drive when leased) Had a 12k per year limit. So miles are getting close. The payoff is $28,128.64.

I have talked with multiple dealerships and Mazda is willing to give me $29,000 trade-in. A net equity of $871.36

I am looking at getting a 2023 Mazda CX 9 Touring. Here’s the specs:

Trim:TR
Trans: 6-Speed Auto
Engine: 227-hp 2.5L DOHC
16-valve inline 4-cylinder

COLORS
Exterior: DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE MC
Interior: BLACK LEATHER

MSRP: $40,025
Drive Off : $560
Terms : 24 Months, 12k miles per year
Residual: $28,818.00 (72%)

Monthly Payment $399.60

I would love to hear your guys thoughts on this deal considering the current climate. How do you think this stacks up to what others are getting?

First question is what are your needs? Do you need a 5-passenger vehicle or 7?

@max_g

Not necessarily.
Big thing is leather and sunroof.

If I go with a suv it would need to be crv or bigger in size.

If I went with a sedan I would want it to be a hybrid or Electric. Thought about new 2023 Prius not out yet.

Honestly, payment is most important.

Then you should probably start looking at Nissan 18m deals on Rogue, Murano or Pathfinder depending on which one suits your needs.

Payments are on the low side of today’s spectrum and the relatively short length allows you to position yourself to get the right EV or Prius in mid 2024 (18 months from now).

A sample of east coast deals:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/intersection/marketplace/NJ/Nissan

@max_g checked with 2 local dealers on the Rogue, Murano, Pathfinder. Rogue was the only thing that could come close. But actually came out more per month than the Cx-9. $420ish. Dealers just aren’t wanting to budge.

With that in mind do you feel the numbers seem good on the cx-9. I can’t seem to find an SUV to beat the $399 price point in our market. The dealer said the was losing 2k on the cx9.

The money factor on the cx9 is just so low helping that residual out quite a bit.

This deal is great. I’ve been hunting around locally and best offer so far is $439/month, taxes included, with 1st payment due for the base touring

You have until 6/24 so waiting is the best option. Especially with the door being opened to federal tax credits being applied to leases next year.

If not: I’d look at the discounts in the LH Marketplace and then start a calculator based on your locality’s RV, MF, taxes, etc.

Then make offers of X monthly and Y das.

Let them say yes or no instead of haggling back and forth.

This strategy can be used for either Jeep or Nissan or any other brand.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.