Mazda CX-9 E-Plan lease

I have a Mazda E-Plan pin (4% below invoice) but I’m not sure what kind of financing deal to expect/push for. I spoke with a dealer about a 10/24 lease on a 2023 CX-9 Touring (.00001 MF per Edmunds) and the best they would give me is .00101. Said they wouldn’t make any money on the deal if they gave me the buy rate. At that rate, the deal isn’t that much better than I could get without the E-Plan. Is it unreasonable to expect the buy rate (my credit is excellent)?

Sounds like it’s time to find a different dealer. I’m not super educated on how Mazda’s plan pricing works but I’d imagine there’s some compensation to the dealer as most manufacturers Plan Pricing is, I don’t think asking a dealer to do Plan Pricing and Buy rate is unreasonable in the slightest bit.

Edit - If you’re in the LA area I have a fantastic contact at the Mazda Dealer in Thousand Oaks. I’ve got a couple of cars through her and she’s always been very professional and straight forward.

1 Like

Get a new dealer, tustin was good to me in the last 60 days

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I just talked to my contact who gave me the E-Plan and he confirmed that the dealer does indeed get compensated and plan pricing with buy rate is not unreasonable at all. I would definitely appreciate your contact if I can’t make this happen closer to my area.

What does this equate to as discount from MSRP?

In my case, for the specific CX-9 I’m looking at, it’s about 9% off MSRP.

Move to a strategy of making offers.

Plug the following into the LH calculator after MSRP of the vehicle you’re looking at:

Selling price based from your plan.

RV, MF and incentives (lease cash) from Rate Findr. Add any extra rebates you qualify for (college grad, etc) under incentives.

DMV fees and taxes based on your state’s official website.

Voila! Now check the box to make it $0 DAS and offer the resulting monthly payment*

• preferably rounded to a multiple of $5 or $10 to make yourself seem more like a normal person :innocent:
1 Like

Culver City Mazda was very easy to work with, but that was like 5 years ago, so YMMV.

He’s already making an offer. E-plan and buy rate. Those are both fixed numbers set by someone other than the dealer. Messing around with a calculator to figure out taxes and fees doesn’t change the economics of the offer.

The brokers here are advertising 9-9.5% off CX-9’s so not sure how special/unique this “E Plan” is really .

I can guarantee some dealers will come back with a payment that doesn’t match. They’ll swear they’re using the plan and buy rate.

An offer is not a bunch of words like “this plan and this rate.” An offer is numbers: payment and DAS. It should obviously be noted what plans/incentives one qualifies for, but don’t leave any ambiguity as to what the offer means in dollars and cents.

Mazda dealers get paid back a significant chunk for e-plan. This is nonsense - find a dealer who will do the deal for you at buy rate.

What if i told you sales managers/dealer employees stack them together :slight_smile:

If that negotiation style works for you, great. It’s not the only way to negotiate, though, and is just as likely to lead to the dealer coming back with either “nobody leases a car for that” without even running the numbers or “great news, we can get you the payment you want, we just have to …” Selling price and money factor are the two things that can be negotiated on a lease. Plenty of people are successful negotiating them directly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.