Mazda CX-9 Carbon Deal Check

It’s that time again. I have a Durango lease that is up next month. I started the process at looking for another SUV to replace this. I started with another Durango but all the offers I was getting was for over $700/month with $4-$5k down, moved to the Grand Cherokee L but only thing on the lots are the 2 rows. I ended on the Mazda CX-9 Carbon.

I’ve got a deal from a local dealer.

MSRP: $46,185
30 / 12,000 miles
Trade Equity + $2,000
$380/month

Lease Calc

Any suggestions on the deal or better options in the same price range.

I’m still considering buying out my current lease. The buyout is $27,153.

@AutoNinjas is giving more discount for Mazdas, did you check with him?

2 Likes

Thank you. I reached out a few days ago. Just waiting on a response. Also, reached out to Stellar.

At the very least I’d get the dealer to just cut you a check back for the $5k trade equity rather than rolling it in, especially considering the low MF.

I would rather take the equity from your existing lease and use it for MSDs, have you shopped the equity with 3rd party like Carmax, vroom etc

I was considering using the equity for MSDs but the rate for the November programs is already so low. Would the benefit be that I could also get that back at the end of the Mazda lease?

yes you get that back at the end of the lease plus it lowers the money factor pretty significantly.

Meh, $18,000+ disposition seems like a lot for a “3-row SUV” that has a borderline useless third row.

Or, to put it another way, in 2 of these leases you’d have paid off $36,000+ on the loan of much better vehicles in this class.

Instead of repeating myself I’ll just paste a link to the same discussion in another thread.

CX-9 GT is phenomenal right now - were at 10% off

Yea. It’s definitely not the car at the top of my lease ,but with the current lease specials it moved up a couple spots. The 3rd row isn’t really a concern for us. We typically leave it down all the time, but need something bigger then most 2 row SUVs. Plus, my wife wanted more safety features and he Mazda has all of those at this price point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.