Mazda CX-5 lease buyout from dealer

Confirmed worked perfectly. Walked into a Chase Branch last week and in and out in less than 20mins.

The Chase bank rep overnighted the odometer statement and my buyout check (RV+ sales tax with $0 in adders). Confirmed with Chase the check received the next day in Fort Worth, Texas.

Mazda dealer quoted 2.5K in fee adders and when I said that I called Chase and they said I can buy direct from the bank, the sales manager told me a bank buyout and especially one with no fee adders was not possible. “Never seen that in 20+ years in this business.”

I really don’t know how these guys can sleep at night. The dealer model is beyond broken and fully exposed during the last 24 months. The plausible deniability and flat out lying to customers is simply beyond the pale.

1 Like

Or look at it this way

• customer walks in to buyout his lease
  • manager says, you can call chase to buyout
  • customer leaves happy
  • manager is fired promptly afterwards

Fwiw Chase is one of the few banks that you can complete a lease buyout on without a dealer.

Yep I suppose if the manager approached it with that mindset…

The manager doesn’t need to volunteer the information, but when a customer states a fact. Don’t deny, don’t insult the customer’s knowledge. Maybe say go ahead and check into it with Chase, but we will be happy to complete the buyout with you if that doesn’t work, or if you change your mind and want to sell us your car and/or we would be happy to have you come back and tradeup for a new vehicle when we actually get some inventory in stock later in the year. It doesn’t have to be a win/lose mindset from the sales manager…

It simply highlights the broken model of the dealer distribution model that rewards misinformation or flat out lying to consumers.

1 Like

Received title from Chase Bank and associated bill of sale paperwork about a week later. Super easy process…