Mazda CX-5 advise needed

WAIT.

I’m with them now.

Nothing due at signing. 312 monthly incident taxes and fees.

1 Like

Ha, that deal is awful. So 13000-6900=6100. What did Carvana say on the trade?

You don’t seem to understand. You effectively have $6100 DAS. They are simply pushing the numbers around so it “looks” like you have nothing DAS.

Your monthly payment is not actually $312. It is $312 + ($6100/36) = $481.

Pray that you don’t total that the car b/c that down payment $ goes ::poof::

2 Likes

It’s unanimous… :-1::-1::-1:

Well, after you guys sufficiently scared the crap out of me I cancelled the deal as I was with the financing person in the back and pretty much signing the last of the paperwork. I couldnt reply back because for some reason this forum limits the number of posts I can make in a 24/hr period.

I still need and like the car though. The Grand Touring Reserve is kind of what I was looking for. Based off what everyone here is saying I should aim for 0$ DAS and around 350$ monthly for 12k with at least 9% off MSRP.

Having been to several dealerships in the DC metro area (6 to be exact) I can tell you that these number you guys are throwing out are complete BS at least in my area and I am a HARD negotiator.

No one in this town came anywhere close to going more than 6% off MSRP. No one was willing to reduce the monthly payment less than 450/month. The ones I was able to really push (and I mean people I walked out on and they called me back sveral dayslater etc) wouldnt go anywhere near 400$ without some sort of cash upfront.

So either the deal above wasn’t that great,or the market for buyers is terrible, or you guys are slightly out of touch, OR probably a combination of all three.

That being said, I recognize that the deal above is definitely not great with the 6100$ DAS but I did some math:Lets say they cut me a check for 6100 and then offered me 440/month with nothing DAS. The difference between that and the 312/month +6100 DAS is literally 1500 and as I’ve said these guys paid top dollar for my trade in (13k). Thats kbb’s private party offer at excellent condition. So, that was why I was moving forward with the deal.

Now I need to think about it again and maybe wait until the market shifts towards us the buyers as these dealerships get more stock. Each of these dealerships had 1 or two GT Reserves and one of them had none.

15k for trade
13k cash

So, lemme get this straight…

You started posting on a thread that is specifically tagged for SoCal (and I get that new members sometimes can’t start their own thread), even though you’re in a different geographic area entirely?

And you start making posts when you are actually the dealership signing the paperwork?

And then you complain about a bunch of strangers possibly being out of touch, even though we were given an incomplete set of information from the outset?

What constitutes a “good deal” varies by geographic area. Mazdas don’t lease particularly well, and your want an especially fancy (and presumably uncommon) one. And you’re trying to get one in the middle of a pandemic, when inventory is tight, and dealers are focusing more on gross profit than volume (although apparently Mazdas don’t really focus on volume much). There are literally entire threads here about this.

You initially posted your monthly payment was $312 w/ $0 DAS. While technically correct, you didn’t initially include the total cost of the lease to you, which is probably the most important metric.

The amount you’re paying could put you close to a base X3 or GLC300. One could make a good argument that the GT Reserve trim for a Mazda CX-5 is actually nicer than a base X3 or GLC300.

If you understand that your actual monthly is $481 and are fine w/ that, then no problem. I think the general point of the forum is for people to well-informed about the decision that they’re making.

Making posts when you are literally about the sign the paperwork is generally not a great idea. But, if you need a car now, then you are at the whim of the dealer. No judgment about any of that, but please don’t say that people here are “out of touch” when it’s clear that you didn’t have the time or desire to do the research yourself and you didn’t initially give us all the info we needed to fully evaluate the deal.

And, seriously, if you’re going to move forward w/ the deal, ask them to cut you a check for the $6100.

Oh please don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining at all and you guys saved me from possibly making a verty bad deal so thank you for enlightening me. I’m just sharing my own experience as well. You are righy about some of the missing info (DC area, and that 6100$ of my equity). And yes I couldn’t make a new thread thats why I had to hijack this thread (sorry OP).

Anyways it looks like we’re on the same page, this is NOT a buyer’s market right now. I have intimate knowledge of the base x3 and it is inferior on many levels to the Grand Touring reserve. Aside from “prestige” the BMW X3 has nothing on the Mazda CX-5 GTR and I say this as a loyal BMW fan who owns an BMW m-sport 335i.

Yeah, just take a look here to see if you see recent CX-5 GTR deals (I don’t recall many, but I don’t have the amazing memory of many of the posters here) to see what they run.

I totally agree that someone may “validly” prefer a CX-5 GTR over a base X3 or GLC (I know I prob would… Honestly, the GLC drives like a boat, IMO)… Again, just know what you are FULLY paying before you sign… And now you do know.

There is $0 incentives in the DMV area plus tax on full price in MD/VA, so it makes any potential deal $60-75/mo worse than NY, for example.

There are two conversations going on here. OP @kris.k got hijacked by @JustBright

1 Like

Modify the title to your liking, put location tags

Yup sorry. I did hijack the thread. Still looking though.

So basically the deals here are not great…

Taxes don’t help for sure, but incentives change and sometimes they are better. Just not now. The pre-incentive discount should be universal, but also may depend on a dealer or location.

Where did you come up with this?

That sounds like Gt numbers not reserve. Just use a broker. AutoLeaseNinjas has Reserve for $325/$1999 and I believe serves DC in the northeast forum.

Hi can you please leet me know if my deal is good one. I am inviting you to my post.

Thanks

Hi @Ursus,

can you please leet me know if my deal is good one. I am inviting you to my post.

Thanks