Mazda CX-30 premium lease deal. Did I do good?

Hi all! Attached is my first ever lease deal and i wanted to get some thoughts from more seasoned hackers. I did this at the end of February. I couldn’t get the numbers to match on the calculator but I’m sure that’s user error.

Screenshot_20210308-154022_Acrobat for Samsung|357x500

Do you want the good news or the bad news.

Well the bad news is … not really.
$395 for some plastic guards that my dealer threw in for free on my car?

Yea, i didn’t ask for that. My wife added all the extras when i went to the bathroom. Originally it was $308. But i haven’t found anyone nearly as close in price… at least for the premium model.

Well next time always check with the Broker, the local one for Mazdas is @AutoLeaseNinjasWest
And yes the dealer gets you in Finance, it’s an old tried and true method. You are so worn out after 2 hours with the Salesman that Finance can throw anything in.

A Broker means you are still sane by the time you sign the docs. (Of course you won’t be happy with paying the broker fee but you didn’t sit in a dealership for 2+ hours right?)

Unsure if you should divorce her for adding it or she should divorce you for making her suffer in F&I :laughing:

@forbs or just save politely say no a few times if you don’t want the products and be done with it :man_shrugging: not sure why some of you act like the F&I office is a north Vietnamese prison camp.

6 Likes

We said NO 15 times. I counted every time we said no and they said that it’s ‘so important’ that we get a blinky light and how that will stop thieves from breaking into the car.

As a side note, halfway through it he got called out because someone said that dealer gave a ‘deal’ and he wants the same, and the finance guy (who wasn’t all that quiet) pointed out to the Sales Manager that they only sold 1 of that car in the last 60 days and it was for MSRP. Then he came in a restarted his high pressure post sales.

So yes it felt like jail. BTW this was while I was doing a ‘self negotiation’ without a broker or a pre arranged deal.

This is going to be a really expensive lease after you factor in the divorce lawyer’s fees.

4 Likes

Ah yes, the Ferrari CX30.

Idk how you guys weren’t in tears laughing at this charade.

Next time just get up to leave and watch how funny it gets.

5 Likes

Yikes, $331/mo with $1500 cash out of pocket? I’d say not good, but not horrible. Better to check in here before signing the deal.

Also, I agree with others to simply walk out if the finance person is putting that much pressure. In my early (young and angry) days, I told the finance guy that he is about to lose a $35k deal over a $500 tire protection plan. They stopped immediately after that.

1 Like

Thanks all for the stories, but i guess what I’m asking is how can i make this a better deal outside of the add on. $1500 didn’t seem bad to me for 1st month, tax and tags. This is my first time leasing or buying a new vehicle. What am i missing? Everything seems to be focused on 1k in maintenence or whatever. Is that what makes this deal bad? If i take that out the lease would be $308. Is it still a bad deal? Why? I’m trying to learn

Click the search icon and enter CX-30, sort by latest post, right underneath your post is this:

I know it’s the north east but I can’t imagine SoCal will be a much worse market to lease a Mazda.

It was right under our nose lol on LH front page :joy:

5 Likes

@sharksfan15 Yea, I saw that, but it’s also $3000 DAS not including drive offs with a comparable model being $197 a month and the $182 for southern California is for the base model where i have the top non turbo trim which is roughly a 5k difference in price

Here is the comparable pre-negotiated deal:

It looks like you got essentially the same deal, but with the dealer profit add ons rolled in.

I’ve seen this phrase a thousand times on this forum and I no longer believe it until i see it. Did you read the Leasing 101 articles? The article on understanding lease contracts? The Calculator FAQ?

1 Like

Yes, I have

Ok so translate your contract into the LH calculator and post the link

I don’t you saw the correct page, because those numbers you are listing don’t match at all. There is a deal for the CX-30 Premium in SoCal advertised.

The calculator I linked above is for the socal pre-negotiated deal for the same trim as the first post. Other than the add ons, it’s a fairly comparable deal.

1 Like

I am not even sure how to respond to this. After the second NO, you should have just walked out and moved onto another dealer.

1 Like