Math Check: 2023 Volvo XC60 Recharge Plus

You are. And if you check the marketplace, there are brokers/dealers with Recharges at a discount.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming! I checked my regional forum (midwest) but didn’t see any recharges available unless I completely missed it. Definitely would have preferred that option as peace of mind of a good deal.

We’re getting the car we (my wife) wants and out of a car that has been springing issues lately (new tires, electrical, etc). For those reasons and potential gas savings (majority of our commutes are < 15 miles each way), I think we’ll go with this deal unless I can find a broker option!

I know regions can differ, but the XC60 is an aging design. Out here (SoCal), they are knocking 10% of MSRP, and then giving the credits on top of that. Check with Edmunds or True Car as to the selling prices in your area, but sticker for the XC60 is crap.

1 Like

They’re doing 10% off on recharges?

Can’t you separate the trade in from the deal?

1 Like

Also will Volvo (or their bank) fund the deal with negative depreciation.

I believe so. Here’s the email I received last week.

1 Like

That was my question for the sales rep and he said I would need to meet with the business office. I couldn’t get to $249/mo payment with the negative depreciation. Assuming they may as we save part of the trade-in equity that I’ll just apply as a down payment? Since we are buying out it’s this or apply it as a down payment on the auto loan when we buy out.

Do dealers usually handle negative depreciation a certain way?

I checked both Edmunds and TrueCar early in our search and with our zip code I was coming up with 1-1.5% off MSRP. I am feeling that the lack of inventory is handcuffing our options to negotiate on price, which sucks. The other dealership in our state hasn’t had a Recharge in stock for a few months now……

The spread between your trade and what this should be discounted is another $4500. That pays for shipping and thensome.

2 Likes

No dealer discount doesn’t seem right. Can you pick one up from another market?

Plus I used a random MN zip to check for incentives.

You dont qualify for any of these besides the EV lease cash?

1 Like

@Benedetto is your guy, if he has any recharges

1 Like

We qualified for the EV Credit, A-Plan Elite (Healthcare), CostCo ($1000), and the dealership had a Memorial Day $1000 off MSRP. So we had a total of $10,000 in incentives.

I have an appointment set up for later today.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, no worries. I appreciate everyone’s input! It’s nice to have folks look at the numbers and deal with me since it can be daunting. I know I didn’t get the best deal out there and we’re in a market where the consumer has less leverage. We’re happy with the car and are going in with full understanding of what our payments will be after the buyout.

I am interested if anyone has insight though, the business manager mentioned that we should wait 3 months into the lease before buying out. He indicated there may be some incentives for early buyout that kick in then? We have never leased before, but is/could that be true?

1 Like

It’s probably related to incentives and commissions that can get clawed back from the dealer.

Consider shopping out of your region next time around. I have a BMW in Ohio that I originally leased from a dealer in Virginia.

I cashed in some AA miles and some Marriott points, flew to DCA, spent the night, and drove the car back the next morning. Saved me ~$500 a month compared to anything I could do in my home market.

3 Likes

I agree 100%. I really should have found LH so much earlier in our process. We’re definitely paying for it (literally) but this will be helpful resource for when we need to replace my car. Someone mentioned above too that the 10% MSRP in CA would easily pay for delivery too. So many more manipulations to get a deal but so much money to be saved!

Knowing that the payment cycles are just related to dealer commissions and I’m also not going to benefit from buying out early helps. Ultimately it is all about business and making money, so we were too hopeful he would help us out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering a C40 lease and then buyout. Let us know what you find out about buyout incentives. Definitely interested.

2 Likes

Following the C40 palooza thread …

Dealers can most definitely mark up the MF, it’s how they make their money and also how we figure out if they’re making money. I personally would not take a car without a discount on msrp. Even bmw is discounting their i4’s that you have to order and wait 3 months for so them telling you because it’s low in inventory sounds like a scare tactic.

1 Like