Maserati GranTurismo Sport Convertible NY/NJ Lease quote feedback

Received this offer from a dealer in NJ (I’m in NY) on their last car. The quote isn’t great as one dealer is advertising 15.6% discount before incentives for similar MSRP car. From another person’s deal on this forum, they got 24.47% before incentives in December. Do you think this is reasonable if I wait until December as some inventory is 10 months to 12 months already? Or is that a one-off deal?

They didn’t list the MF and RV but I know it is .00061 MF 47% RV and am more concerned with what you guys think is a good discount before incentives. I wasn’t originally aware that a competitive lease conquest offer was available. Currently lease a XC90 T6 Inscription for 1073.30 (yes I know it’s bad other family members choice not mine). They applied 6X the monthly of the Volvo as a conquest. Any help would be appreciated or a suggested broker that has done a few GranTurismo leases. The lease incentive is 10K this month for the GranTurismo Sport Convertible.

Offer:

MSRP $158120
Discount (16,035 - Dealer contribution (10.14% discount before incentives)) + 10K Lease incentive + $6438 (discount for Volvo loyalty with Maserati)
Lease price $125,647
Lease term 42 months 7500 miles per year

MF RV NOT provided by the dealer for the quote
Assumed MF .00061 RV 47%

Due at signing $3664 which includes 1st payment ($1478 monthly)

What’s your opinions on doing a dealer trade with a local dealer if I found a great car, but a dealer that wouldn’t budge past this discount before incentives?

Thank you.

How much more are you possibly looking to get?

No offense to you but why is someone that can afford a $1500 a month car payment so concerned with consuming all their time chiseling down a lease payment.

Your getting $32,000 off sticker…get it and enjoy it while knowing that some guys out there probably paid
sticker + on the car.

1 Like

I don’t see an easy way to make this palatable without a MASSIVE dealer discount. 10% seems awful.

$66k lease cost for 26k miles is rough. You can own a CPO one outright and have full warranty coverage for a total of 6yrs/100k miles from original sale date:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=486128520&zip=48114&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D48114%26listingTypes%3DCERTIFIED%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26vehicleStyleCodes%3DCONVERT%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DGRANTURISM%26makeCodeList%3DMAS%26searchRadius%3D0&listingTypes=CERTIFIED&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&vehicleStyleCodes=CONVERT&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=GRANTURISM&makeCodeList=MAS&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=MAS&modelCode1=GRANTURISM&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing

Miller Motorcars In CT usually advertises decent lease deals on the Gran Turismo

Just because one has money doesn’t mean they just throw it away unnecessarily. That’s probably why he can afford this car.

1 Like

True statement…I worked with a partner at my last job who was easily making 7 figures/yr. She would go to the grocery store to buy gift cards for where she shopped. This grocery store would give you 0.10/off gas at their pumps for every 50 you spent. She more or less got free gas. She was always looking for a corner to cut to save a buck.

1 Like

When I saw how deeply discounted the other person on this forum was able to go last year on a cheaper Coupe at 24% before incentives I assumed it was possible again this year. The inventives are a lot larger this year (10K lease) which the dealer lose any money on as they get it back from Maserati.

Well chances are if you can afford a $1500 a month car payment then you can afford a $1600 a month car payment…

If its that close of a call to the point where you can’t afford the car if your at $1,600 a month then you shouldn’t be driving the car.

$1,500 is a rent or mortgage payment for most people.

At the end of the day its still a luxury italian made sports sedan. Nobody absolutely NEEDS a Maserati.

Tried already and they were giving very little discount, they seem to be waiting until some guy comes in and pays the advertised lease price which has a very low dealer contribution.

This is leasehackr, some people even for expensive cars still like to negotiate and get a great deal. I don’t like leaving a lot of money on the table for a deal. A Ghibli for example has a high MSRP but has large incentives and discounts at the end of the year making it more reasonable.

What part of $32,000 off sticker is not a great deal and how much do you honestly think is being left on the table…

Just because “Jo Shmo” got the car for 40k off sticker does not mean that same deal is applicable to everybody.

That seems to be the common mis-conception with everybody that uses lease hacker.

Certain deals are more of a right place right time situation. The lowest deal that was ever posted on a Maserati Ghibli should not be considered the “benchmark”.

Your on the lower end of the spectrum for what other non educated people are paying for the car so why not just take the $1,500 a month payment and go out and enjoy the car instead of holding out to POSSIBLY save yourself another $50-100 a month.

Fuel perks!! Lol

2 Likes

Do you realize what forum you are on? Doesn’t matter what price point someone has, the whole point is to get the best deal possible.

Honestly, I’m confused why @nyhacker cares how OP spends his money. Whether hes frugal or liberal should be of no concern. It ain’t his money.

1 Like

The same reason why I’m sure you and many others are on this forum 24/7.

Because I’m bored with too much time on my hands right now

1 Like

Man! Why are you so angry. lol. Sometimes its about satisfying your inner-self. I negotiated for 3 days to get a $30 discount on a $500 lease. Does it means that i am not able to afford $530? It’s about getting the best deal/ best bang for the buck and everyone has their own reason’s.

1 Like

I don’t look at the car for what it is but the deal like you said. If this was half the MSRP and cost same principles apply. I will spend a few days or wait another month to save a extra 5K off. Or hire a broker if one states they have done a few deals on the GranTurismo.

I doubt that would work. A dealer wouldn’t trade for a unit to sell it at a loss. The biggest discount is only possible for in-stock units where the dealer just wants to get rid of it.

I agree, my problem is my original request went to a newer salesperson trying to look for someone to pay the advertised price. Would contacting another salesperson at the same dealership work, or they would try to refer me back to the original person? That’s why I mentioned dealer trade, if it was decided by the Sales manager or someone else at the dealership instead of the salesperson to allow for the trade. I know it looks like a lot off in the initial quote, but the salesperson wasn’t really discounting the car much before incentives. Last month I got 25K off similar MSRP GT’s before incentives at the first email.

Have you tried another dealership to see if they can beat this dealerships offer? Maybe having a little leverage will help. It’s worked for me with other cars…