Maserati Granturismo Sport 2017 Lease Transfer

A salesperson never loses out, while the dealership may lose on the front end and make it back with a volume incentive, service, accessories (wheel and tire etc.), and finance. The salespeople have a flat commission or can make up to a fixed amount based on the margins and possible additional incentives for selling aged inventory from the dealership. Ie the dealer will tell salespeople sell this old GranTurismo that they are paying insurance and a loan to the manufacturer that has been sitting for a year which is difficult to sell by rewarding them with a fixed amount extra for the sale.

1 Like

Thanks for the info MBi - I was curious how that worked. Wife’s friend said Masersti of LI. So i went to the website: https://www.maseratili.com/new/MASERATI/2018-MASERATI-GT+CONVERTIBLE+SPORT-Plainview+NY-333f45d30a0e0ae84925708ca5830392.htm

FMofLI is my servicing dealer and is located quite close to my house. The color of that car is called Blu Sofistacato and it’s very nice in person, particularly with that Bianco Pregiato interior. I fear that we’ve ventured way off the path in regards to this original subject title though…

1 Like

Sorry all- a bit excited! Love seeing more of these on the road! And waving furiously

Brakes are great, 6 piston Brembo up front. But my car weighs around 500 less.

1 Like

Be careful with the caliper choice. My friend had the anodized calipers instead of the painted ones and over time the car wash he was going to used a chemical that ate away at them. They just got them repainted for 3K by the dealer because they looked bad after 15K miles and four years. I agree that color is great.

Sorry we did get off topic. Should we open a seperate one? You stated FMofLI is your servicing dealer, but do you have a suggestion for a dealer to purchase from assuming they still have some 2018 stock left?

I suspect the mods will close us down if they feel its appropriate.

In the interim and speaking to your question, I shopped dealers based on their current inventory and the colors I liked. I ended up getting mine at Mas of Morris County. Feel free to IM me if you want my salesman’s name. My car has anodized red calipers and, its true, they require a bit more care in regards to ensuring you don’t use an aggressive chemical when cleaning however they’ve held up very well and still look great.

1 Like

Maserati LI has an extensive list of ‘18 on their website

Yes they do because they also have listed the inventory from their Florida Dealership. They have a few cars still with no images even though the listings have been up for months which is a bit odd. I asked for a quote for shipping the cars from the Florida location to NY, but didn’t get a exact number back from them yet only that they would take care of it, probably meaning they would build it into the price. I would rather get the stock from NY vs the cars sitting out in the Florida sun. What do you think? Would the leather start to incur damage within a year of being in the sun?

I highly doubt anything is going up happen to the leather. Cars sit out in the California sun and they are just fine.

1 Like