Maserati Granturismo Sport 2017 Lease Transfer

How is the maintenance? Will you have to replace brakes before lease end?

1 Like

Dealer said nothing for first year / 7500-10,000 miles.
The Pirelli Pzero wear down quickly (rears last 1/2 the time of the fronts) and I have already ordered my winter tire. For the next spring-fall may get a longer acting compound and something with more temperature range (all season - most drivers hate all season but we have temp fluxes and rain!!!).
Brakes- I do lots of engine breaking (love the orchestra) so trying to preserve them. Also I’m pretty good about not doing triple digit speeds and slowing down to standstill frequently. But who knows, that may come up.
Thanks for all the positive feedback, my kids love it, I love it, and when the lease is equivalent to a poorly leased 5 series or moderately leased 7 series.
I’m 6’6” and my wife 5’3” so I sit behind her (comfortably) when my son wants to be in the front.

Cool thx for the feedback.

1 Like

DOes the car come with the kids? If so, you may need to throw in a generous incentive like a prepaid college fund or two?

2 Likes

Nice update! Glad it all worked out for you…

1 Like

Thanks all!
College fund… “study hard kids mommy and daddy blew the savings on their cars…” (kidding”
Love this forum! Great recs by everyone! Cannot wait to be back on in the next few years when it’s lease time again!

3 Likes

Thank you for the follow up! Miller so far have quoted me close to retail only 22K off 5K being the lease incentive from Maserati with so I must not be late enough in the year. The main line I used for a Panamera Turbo lease quote and I asked if the car had any damage and the salesperson was upfront and said yes it was repainted and to lease not own it. They currently only have a white with red leather interior Convertible. What dealer did you end up using and what salesperson? Also did your cars tires have any flat spots from sitting for probably at least 9 months? It’s great how you really use the cars. I know someone with a 14 GranTurismo Sport Convertible and they switched to the PSS and the rides a bit better and they lasted longer until the pot holes created 2 bulges in the sidewall and a actual hole. They tried the tire fill kit and it was too large and made a mess. The new PS4S are supposed to be better in the rain than the PSS.

1 Like

Awesome advice on the tires. Will look at PS4S next spring! The car drove great off the lot although I was thrown into a snowstorm immediately hahaha NIGHTMARE on summer tires. Imagine this- meet my wife for lunch, surprise have a car, she tells me to return the car, look outside it’s snowing… slip slip slide! Longest and scariest 6 miles of my life!

I did opt for tire and rim protection and MOTML did replace some tires for sidewalk bulge courtesy of Phily roads.

I used Tim Headley @ MOTML for the GT. They just had a phenomenal deal on the car. Take a look at FC Kerbeck (Ryan Cala) he helped my wife with her Levante. Name drop if you like - we have a good relationship with them.

The Porsche team at RDS (Main line) has been transparent with me in the past. Ultimately Porsche pricing scheme is not lessee friendly, but some gems come up on swap a lease or local craigslist swaps.

I’ve found pricing at MM to be hit or miss. Sometimes you may just pull a sweet deal from them but other times they tend to be a bit high with little patience for negotiation. I’ve heard nothing but stellar things about their service dept. though.

My '16 GT comes off lease in about eight months and I’m already thinking about what’s next.

2 Likes

Yes! Service has been amazing.
I lucked out I think. December, snow in the forecast, the last GT on the lot…
VDR are you local? Would love to invade the local Ferrari Saturday mornings at Starbucks Villanova!

Thank you I did check out FC Kerbeck as that’s where I got a great deal for my friends GranTurismo’s wiper blades. They have great service and prices for parts it was $62 instead of $200 his dealer would have charged. Unfortunately they only have one GranTurismo Sport Convertible left in triple black. If I could score an amazing deal at the end of the year on a gray or blue car that would be great. I am also eyeing a rare Blue Assoluto Pearlescent painted car if due to high MSRP of around 170K they dropped it a lot. Maserati of the Main line also has only one GTSC left white with red interior. I guess a lot of the good dealers sold early, I might try a dealer exchange request with the representative you suggested if they can get a good enough price.

Stay away from Maserati of St. Petersburg just to test what the current market was like I asked for a quote for a GranTurismo Sport Convertible listed for 124,995 from 157K including a 7K purchase incentive and while the lease incentive was only 5K so it should have been 2K more I was quoted 135 plus taxes and fees. I asked for the money factor and residuals but none was provided even as the salesmanager which he responded by saying the incentives weren’t the same for a lease and a purchase which I understand but it should have been 2K apart not 10K.

That snow storm would have scared me to death with the summer tires I would be on the side of the road going 15mph.

Has anyone tried Maserati of Morris County or Criswell? Criswell adds the battery tender install which is just two attachments to the battery for $400 and $1300 for some Cilajet coating which is a bit sad for such a dealer to force these add ons. I would just get a Ctek tender and use that. Or any other dealer people got a good deal with.

1 Like

I should consider this car to replace my Ats-V this winter. Rohrich Maserati inventory here in Pittsburgh is abismal tho.

How fast does the car feel? Also what’s the attention like?

Rohrich anything is abysmal in my experience (from when I lived there).

2 Likes

From my testing it sounds faster than it feels, but it does have a good shove. When going slow and tapping on the throttle it will start to make noise if you want. There is a new 2017 GranTurismo Coupe still for sale if you want one of those.

2 Likes

Yinzer: I have never been in an ATS-V or CTS-V could not give you an objective answer! I agree with MBi 100% The sound makes it feel faster than it is. It is a 454hp and 384 lb-ft torque car weighing ~4,200 lbs. The newer forced induction cars are likely to be faster 0 to 60, but the orchestra and joy of driving is definitely this cars forte. I frequently get thumbs up and “how much” but in the Philly suburbs there are quite a few of these so it feels at home. Remember this is not obnoxious, face melting speed and acceleration. But you will rarely take it out of sport mode, you will engine break to hear the pops/backfire, and it’s ecstasy to drive it over 5,000 rpm! Keeping the RPMs over 4,500 it really flies and keeps pace with dare I say with the Lambos (confrimed on a recent rally).

The one thing I would upgrade would be the brakes. Braking very hard they show they can just barely handle all the weight. Did you ever have to do some emergency stops to confirm such as someone comes into your lane or stops suddenly? I too never tried the ATS-V so I can’t compare the brakes but to me I would recommend Yinzer try some hard braking to see what they think.

1 Like

I feel like on the ferrarichat I saw someone swap 599 brakes in… $$$

S/w MOTML - they do not plan to bring any new ‘18 GTs but he said if you want they can hunt down a build for you aka $$$

Thank you for the information. I may end up doing that at the end of the season if a dealer has a good car but is deceptive like Maserati of St. Petersburg was. If it works out for both of us because they ( dealer doing dealer exchange) make it back on the back end by getting it wholesale from another dealership, plus Maseratis end of the year incentives it could work.

1 Like

MBi- interesting I did not realize that the dealer made our well on the deal. I thought the buyer would always pay a premium no matter what. You surely will have your pick vehicles. I have only dealt with MOTML, FC Kerbeck, and Miller - wish I could be more help