Maserati Ghibli

I was the guy last Friday who got 2. There was another guy on Thurs that got 3 :slight_smile:

I actually bought the cars sight unseen as I was just trying to get into the deal before somebody took my color options away ā€¦ but after reading a lot AFTER the purchase, it seems like the 2016 got most of the problems out and anecdotally, the 2017 should be better. Also, didnā€™t really do the math until after ā€¦ I thought I was going to go over the 10k miles per year. But now, even at $0.30/mile over, it will be more cost-effective to just pay 10k miles over x $0.30 = $3k/year (or $250/mo) instead of leasing a totally separate car ā€¦ but oh well

Been calling quite a few dealers in the Chicagoland area, no luck getting anywhere near ~$500. If this deal is still good and any dealers ready to offer, please share! Been in the market for a Ghibli for some time now!

Ill take one off your hands if youre having a change in mind :stuck_out_tongue:

I spent about 5 hours to get 2 vehicles. Was supposed to be black/black and white/black but ended up with black/black and silver/black.

Most of it was just waiting for:

(1) Salesperson to free up: ~30 minutes. As expected, everybody is busy but we lucked out this didnā€™t take too long. Called the night before to schedule an appointment.

(2) Salesperson (Dave Garrett is awesome) running around checking available inventory: ~60 minutes. They have to check the computer, check the lot and check the other lot (about 10 minute drive) and then pick up the file envelope with the keys and VIN. As expected, there was also a lot of internal negotiations between the sales people as people are fighting for cars.

(3) Finance person to free up: 1-2 hours. The actual finance process took about 15 minutes.

(4) Detailing:. 1-2 hours. They spent a lot of time detailing the car which I appreciated. They also had to remove all the tape and put in the caps to the wheels, etc. ā€“ basically getting it off the truck.

(5) Full tank of gas: ~15 minutes. Porter to drive to gas station and come back.

No test drives, no inspection of the car prior to purchase.

Theoretically, you should be able to get out of there in about an hour if everything lines up. The detailing job they did was excellent and very, very thorough ā€¦ you donā€™t want to rush this.

I canā€™t say enough good things about my overall experience & satisfaction with this entire deal, this dealership and our sales person => it was PERFECT. It was a long day but understandable from all the steps I outlined above.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anybody in their right mind will be changing their mind after driving this car :slight_smile: ā€¦ the family likes this better than riding in my 911

This was pretty much my experience but over the course of 2 days because I wasnā€™t sure I wanted it the first day I went. Primarily because none of them had the Premium package which has the parking sensors.

The giant screen and HD backup cam mitigated the need for the sensors I found.

Glad it is working for you! Hope you are happy with the great car and deal we got! I actually find it surprising how many people need the new safety features (parking sensors, backup camera, blind spot detector) and are dependent on them. 2-3 years ago, they werenā€™t even a thing ā€“ maybe I am just behind the times :frowning:

Hi all,

Really loving the transparency and flow of information here.
I was hoping to ask the Hackrs on whether or not the deal I am trying to get for my Ghibli is legit.

Here are the details:
2017 Maserati Ghibli
Color: White ext./Black int.
MSRP: $75,250
Term: 36 months, 5k miles
Drive Offs + OOP: $5K
Monthly Payment: $521.02 (includes tax)
ā€“> will probably be slightly higher after I include the maintenance package (is it worth it if I really do drive only 5K/year)?

Youā€™ll think this is a good deal?

From what Iā€™ve seen from the others, most were able to get a deal that provided a lot more mileage for similar costs and/or better options (e.g. 20" rims).

Thoughts? Really appreciate it!

Itā€™s not a bad deal. What is the selling price?

I mean compared to the blow-out leases that we were getting only a few months ago itā€™s terrible. 5k miles is joke. .30c a mile is a heavy penalty to pay if you want to actually enjoy the car for any long driving length. I can take the Ghibli on road trips now and be the only Maserati out there since I have 12k miles a year.

Thatā€™s freedom of movement if you ask me.

@vhooloo The selling price is $58.5K

I also have another deal that just came in, which amounts to something extremely similar with the following differences:

20" Wheels/Rim
Piano Trim interior
Extended Leather
MSRP: 78.7K (not sure about the sell price - working on that)
but, the monthly with tax is $549.

OOP, I am paying $2180, which includes first monthā€™s rent.

I am most likely going to opt for this deal as the overall cost is a few thousand dollars less but happy to hear thoughts.

@Phantomcypher From what I can see from the threads, I didnā€™t see a significantly better deal, outside of the miles, which I mentioned. If there is something you can point to, please let me know. Iā€™ve chatted with just about every dealer in SoCal (e.g. Westlake, Newport, AH, BH, SB) and this was one of the better deals.
While I agree that there is a certain level of consciousness that I need to maintain for a car with such minimum miles, personally for me itā€™s fine. This is mostly for my wife and we take our Tesla out for long drives.

Exactly, you got a Tesla (P100D?) , so this dino fuel burner is for the shopping trips, you wonā€™t need more than 5k lol.

The 549 w/tax on the 79k car is good. The others who did the 488 lease deals had to pick cars below 72k MSRP, with hand crank windows, so yours is better. :slight_smile: Besides phantom is now driving a hellcat, so the maserati must be a boring car :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got it.
Itā€™s for daily errands and when we need to jazz it up a bit for social outings and events.
Appreciate the feedback, feel much better : )

-wish it was a P100D

For the non-$488/mo folks, this is the only recently negotiated deal with Anaheim Hills

Like @vhooloo said, yours is not a bad deal, it is just not the same as the crazy non-negotiated $488/mo (which was 36/10k miles) on a base model which is not quite hand-cranked windows but almost :slight_smile: MSRP had to be less than $75k. The 20" rims will be nice!

@Phantomcypher is just a very opportunistic lease hacker, he doesnā€™t need a car but will jump at good deals like the Mas, the Hellcat and the F-Type and who knows what is next :slight_smile: ā€¦ maybe an i8 when it gets to $990/mo. This website should come with a warning: may get addicted to leasing cars

1 Like

Ok ok, so lets crunch some numbersā€¦

So his 5k mile lease is advertised above. If he were to attempt to drive my 12k a year with his 5k lease the cost difference over 36 months would be $6,300 (@ .30c a mile). Thatā€™s equivalent to $175 a MONTH added to the payment in just miles. So to compare to the previous deals is farcical at best.

Also, they are probably going to offer you 2 things while signing

1. $995 prepaid maintenance for 24 months (definitely do not do the 3 years). Theoretically, it is $800 for 10k/year 1 and then $1,600 for 20k/year 2 but with your mileage so low, see if this is worth it for you. Ask for specifics but my numbers should be close. I did this one which bumps up the monthly by about $28/mo

2. $2,000 wear & tear for curb rash, windshield, headlights, etc. I did not do this since I generally pretty well without killing my wheels on the sidewalk and parking too close to the curb.

Just something to be aware of when you get your car so you can make decisions prior to getting there.

Nobody is arguing that 488 was da bomb. But to suggest it would cost extra 130 a month for 12k miles lease is disingenuous.

If he had leased for 10k, they would have added another 60 a month to the lease (always better to get miles upfront)

$612/mo + tax on 2016 Ghibli, 0 down + drive-offs, 36/10K
$549/mo + tax on 2016 Ghibli S, 0 down + drive-offs, 36/5K

So definitely the 488 deal was a steal but this 549-612 deal is as good as it gets outside of the 488 deal.

Haha ā€¦ this is @Phantomcypher we are talking about, he only buys ā€œda bombā€ deals because he needs a ton of cars for his collection :slight_smile:

The only other option is to wait for the $488/mo when it comes around but for a negotiated deal, it is not bad for a Mas

Got the car, super excited!

Was able to negotiate the maintenance fee down to $800, though from other threads (that I found too late), I could have been more aggressive, possibly knocking it down to $600-700.

Overall, happy with the lease and the payment! Thanks for the help everyone.

3 Likes