Maserati ghibli 2019

2019 maserati ghibli $80k Msrp. This is what they offered i have $5000 down $995 36 months, 15k miles. I know the payment is a little high, but I have to have 15k miles per month. Is this a good deal? have already asked a competitor dealer and they said take this deal. MF .0008 a

Depends on where you located. also maserati don’t have much lease info to compare…
but i’d took the deal… xD

If you have an effective $1100+/month to spend on a lease, an $80k Ghibli is the LAST car I would choose. If the price was better it might be worth considering, but this deal is far from it.

7 Likes

Looks like they’re nuking the cheap lease deals.

You’ll pay a small fortune in servicing costs too over the 45k miles…

1 Like

A worse product than their competition at a higher cost, what could go wrong?!

2 Likes

Might want to check if the competitor is owned by the first dealer, lmao.

Maserati’s are notorious for spending loads of time in the shop, at $1100 a month I would look for something else, there are cars that are faster in that price range or more luxurious in that price range, depends on what you want.

I’ve had zero issues with mine.

The 14/15’s are trash and have issues. I’d never recommend them. People can afford to buy; 90% of this country simply cannot afford to maintain. Also the 17 Levantes, heard of weird battery problems and such.

I’ve only had my Maseratis in the shop for scheduled maintenance. The Gran Turismos are based on the old Q-porte frames and do not have many issues unless you get the MC with an F1 transmissions from Ferrari; otherwise, it’s an 8-speed ZF that is pretty problem free. The old duo-clutch on Q-Porte’s would wear down and need replacing a lot, along with some other issues. Those cars are nightmares.

Please own a few and don’t opine otherwise. Thanks.

1 Like

mc stratdale and quattroporte spent more time in the shop than the range rovers which are also notoriously bad consequently those vehicles were gotten rid of, no use paying 4 figures a month for a car you can’t even use, so your last comment doesn’t apply here for my example, not to mention my previous point of there’s cars that are more luxurious or faster than $1100 a month for a 5 second 0-60 car based on an outdated platform with outdated tech/luxury features.

Times change but historically certain makes and models aren’t as reliable as others, I’m just giving a generalized opinion throughout the car enthuasist world which would help him make a decision.

This is a terrible deal regardless where you are located.

What is the sells price?
Are there any incentives available?

MC stratdale has the Ferrari clutch and the old Qportes are hilariously bad, yes.

The new ones were bad in the beginning but quality is much better now.

My So-Cal Brother in law who is infatuated with the Ghibli (hello mid life crisis) has his SQ4 lease (I think it was a 2015 or 2016) ending soon and he is adamant on staying with the same car despite multiple family interventions to keep him from making the same mistake twice. He just won’t listen to anyone…

He’s being offered 950/Mo with 5000k down 48/10 on a 86k car with 345 BHP. One of the worse leases for the money on a horrendous and overpriced vehicle.

Suggested M550i, Porsche Macan, M3 CS, Audi Q5, RR etc…any other vehicle for 850/900 that could sway him? I feel terrible for my sister :slight_smile:

My cousin has the 2017 S and zero issues except that the infotainment screen needed replacement once. Other than that, pretty cool car drive wise, just wish i could say same about infotainment and all

At those terms get a freakin M5!

if he wants a real mid life crisis he should get a corvette hah.

My 2017 Ghibli infotainment screen was all messed up, the steering wheel was peeling, brake pads needed to be replaced at around 8k miles lease ends in October can’t wait till I get rid of that junk.

1100/mo effective lease for an 80k dollar car?

Aside from the fact that this is a Ghibli and I highly encourage people never to buy these at full price; paying 1100 a month for an 80k car is still kind of crazy. I know Porsche tries to pull the same stunt, but that’s Porsche and miles better than anything Maserati can pull.

The money factor is low so I’m guessing it’s the lack of dealer discount and poor residual value that’s killing this deal.

Was the 2019 the full model redesign? I know the previous few years of Ghibli had several parts in common with economy Dodge cars. Hardly worth the asking price. If it was redesigned, they may have moved materials and quality upmarket which would be a different conversation.

Save some money, get an M550i.

+1 to what you said, Maserati has been going downhill for a while, also plenty of better cars out there at that price point, m5550i, e53, c63, s5, s6. Maserati is more of a status symbol now, they need to update their cars and sports cars from the ground up.

for what it’s worth you can get very big discounts ($20-25k off) on 2018 Ghibli’s these days. Not sure if its making these lease hackable yet but maybe. If I could get a base ghibli for less than $500/month with zero down I’d take it. They’ve worked a lot of the bugs from the 2014-15 model years out.