Maryland Freight and Acquisition Fees

I have never seen a separate freight charge from the destination charge.

Acquisition is a lease origination charge and unrelated.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback all. Destination/freight is always included in MSRP and acquisition charge is added later which is why no calculators have a separate entry for freight. Now I get it all!

I’ll clarify with the dealer and see if he changes his tune after I call him out on it.

Also I realized while the MSRP included the destination charge, the dealer’s WOW which is their discounted price does not include the destination/freight charge. But I negotiated my price off the MSRP, not the WOW, so the destination charge was included in my calculation.

Hope that makes sense.

Appreciate the quick responses.

No, my friend. Volvo increased it to $995 in Jan or Feb this year. I did not see dealers padding it since then.

1 Like

Change the year to 2019 in the URL on the zip code page. RV is based off MSRP including freight, so just tell them to add it back to MSRP and give you 12% off of that price before incentives. Who’s the dealer?
Edit: just read your last post - don’t deal with these WOW guys (their salesperson has registered here and promised great thing from them, but he’s MIA) :grin:
Try Annapolis.

2 Likes

Lol. Thats not the 1st time i guess

Wow. Thanks for informing, wasnt aware.

So I heard back from the dealer and this $995 freight charge is just how they structure their deals and he agreed it is not a standard fee. Glad I cleared that up. He refused to waive this fee. Had I known, I would have pushed for additional 1k off msrp. O well.

Move on to next one!

Good job deciding that quick.

1 Like

So, just wanted to gauge how you all feel about this deal I’m being offered, which includes the additional $995 freight charge:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Volvo S60 T5 R-Design
MSRP: $ 47590
Monthly Payment: $ 330
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3434
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: .00022
Residual: 51%
Incentives: 6350 (volvo incentive, lease cash, A-plan incentive)
Region: Mid-Atlantic
Leasehackr Score: 9.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

You can’t combine the a-plan bonus cash with a deal negotiated below a-plan amounts so they’re doing something weird here.

2 Likes

Like @mllcb42 said
And why are you still dealing with the same dealer?

1 Like

So we were 2600 apart and he then saw my wife’s company gets A plan pricing, which gave us a $1500 rebate, so he agreed to lower the price the full amount to get to 39975 and then the 4850 (Volvo rebate and lease cash) rebates was taken off to get a final price of 35725.

I’m asking about the deal because if its a solid deal, then I may still take it. But if it’s no good, then there’s no questions left. So I thought I’d ask the experts here to evaluate the deal he was giving me since I’m a first time hacker!

It doesn’t work that way. At the dealer discount you’re at, a plan can’t be stacked, so either he’s doing something weird with the numbers or he’s mistaken. If he’s mistaken, they’ll either catch it in finance and go “whoops, just kidding” and bait and switch you or they won’t catch it and the dealer will have to eat the charge back.

The numbers don’t look bad, but I will be surprised if you actually make it through finance without them changing and removing the a plan bonus.

Based on how honest and forthcoming this dealer has been about pricing and hiding fees, shall we wager which direction that one will fall?

So all my negotiations were with the general manager at the dealer, who I verified is the top boss there. So I would hope he knows how the finance works haha!

So my final sale price is about 25% off MSRP and got the minimum MF after MSD’s. Not sure how much more I could go, so wanted to know if I was being unrealistic in trying to get to a monthly near $400 with zero drive off and 4 MSD’s

You’re not going to find another $30 a month hiding in that deal.

Also, I’m not sure that you can do 4 full MSDs. I thought Volvo could only go down to .00005, meaning your 4th MSD is only doing partial duty. I may be mistaken on that one though.

If they’ll do those numbers, it looks like a good deal. I’ve seen a little bit higher dealer discounts before, but certainly not enough to offset the a-plan bonus cash (which you shouldn’t be getting, but if they want to eat it, let them).

I’m still not convinced you’re not going to get a big surprise when you get there, but if they’ll honor those numbers, go for it.

Thanks for the analysis and input buddy! You’ve been very helpful.

Any other experienced brokers or hackers have an opinion? I don’t want to be searching for unicorn if thats what it seems like I’m doing.

^ This

Nope, to 0.00001. MSDs don’t make much difference here anyway

This thread is very long but just wanted to through this out, @lyricist What’s the window sticker on the car say for the MSRP? Have them send you a pic if you don’t have one already.

Msrp is 47590

See attached image

Personally I like to see the actual sticker on the car. Prices can change through out the year and cars built at different times with the same equipment can have different prices, ends allot of the confusion and back and forth with dealers.

1 Like

Sure I understand. Apparently Maryland dealers are known to add the freight charge on top of destination charge. Not sure wha the deal is with stacking the A plan incentive.