Maryland - Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in Electric Vehicles

, ,

Has anyone applied in MD for the state tax credit? I am not sure which documents to send but the dealer informed me I will just require a copy of the VR-334 and MSRP sticker. However, I see on the MVA page, I may have to submit a copy of the bill of sale as well? I am not sure how since it is a lease if I do need to provide one,
It is conflicting because on the same page under FAQ, it says I just require the following below to apply for the tax credit:

a. VR-334: Complete and certify an VR-334 Application (Excise Tax Credit Request for Plug-In Electric or Fuel Cell Vehicle)​

b. Scan the vehicle’s original Monroney sticker

Sounds like you’re good. If they need an agreement equivalent to a bill of sale, you have your lease agreement.

2 Likes

I called MVA too and the representative was clueless lol. I will just have to wait for mvarefund team to respond to me. They said they will contact their supervisor to edit the page in the meantime seeing the issue I brought up.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.