Markup for lease EV then buyout

Hi, trying to get an ID4 lease and then buyout immediately to get 7500 credit, spend 1 hour talking to a dealership and seems they trying to markup the MF to highest number (0.00364 + 0.0004) and then can give us a lower selling price (800 more). Seems good since we only need to pay 1st month charge which just 20 bucks difference. But just want to check if there will be any difference when we buyout from VW?

My understanding is after we sign the lease contract then we do not need to deal dealer anymore? Dealer just get rebate from VW for the markup?

1 Like

If you buyout the car within the first three month m, dealer will get a chargeback from the vw credit

Unless you really care about this dealership, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You have no legal obligation to keep it for three months before you buy it out

1 Like

I see, that make sense now

Hi, trying to sign a lease for ID4, one of the dealership I am talking provide very good selling price, but when I ask if I can get money factor and detailed breakdown he said he can only provide those number on a contract. And when I ask how do I see the contract, he said I must make deposit first. Or he can keep the contract for me and I can drive 2 hours to the dealership to sign. The selling prices and monthly payments number looks good but feels like a trap as they just refused to provide a detailed break down. WDYT?

If they won’t provide the details in advance, then they will probably be a shady dealer. You should only have to go to the dealer to pick up the car and/or sign papers (if docusign isn’t an option)

7 Likes

If that is the car you want, and the price is right, put a deposit down and get the deal in writing before driving there.

3 Likes

The dealer also doesn’t want to waste time for people just price shopping. If you have agreed on das and monthly, either put down a deposit or just go get it.

2 Likes

What worries me is if there is some hidden feed on the contract. Then can I still take 4000 back?

1 Like

Deposit is fully refundable in CA, and demonstrates you aren’t just getting something to cross shop another dealer. I wouldn’t worry about that part. But get everything in writing before you go take delivery.

Deposit can be $500, doesn’t have to be entire DAS

2 Likes

To be honestly I am not price shopping, the deal looks like already good enough. But it is 2hour driving one-way and I just want to make sure I got the deal we want

Detail breakdown is not needed. If you agreed upon a DriveOff (DAS) and monthly payment, then get that in writing in email and put down a deposit.

3 Likes

Let me try to see if they can do this. Seems ok if deposit is refundable

1 Like

Exactly. Only thing I’d also want in writing is something about “no hard adds or ADM” - in English vs car dealership

3 Likes

Just put it on a credit card =)

1 Like

Deposit is refundable in California so that doesn’t even matter

1 Like

[/quote]

agreed upon a DriveOff (DAS) and monthly payment, then get that in writing in email and put down a deposit.
[/quote]

Agree but personally would add no damage disclosure required either. Been surprised on that. Very angry drive home after they wanted me to sign 12k worth of previous damage. Grrr

2 Likes

BTW this dealer also claimed their docusign is not ready

What do the online reviews say for the dealer

Isn’t every dealer in Cali 2 hours away? :joy: All jokes aside they should be able to send you a screen shot of the deal on their computer. I’d see if any other dealer close will match it, I don’t have time for jerks that won’t send me a break down of the numbers.

2 Likes