Make and Model Inventory

I live in Florida. Where (Web Site?) can you look up Inventory levels by Make and Model? I think to get a great deal you need to know which vehicles the inventory is high.

Thanks in advance to all that can assist BOBR.

Www.cargurus.com will tell you how long inventory has been on the lot and you can you can look at those dealer websites individually.

I don’t think a tool exists public-facing to give dealer inventory numbers. Those metrics would be proprietary most likely.

Thank you. Are you familiar with Ari Janessian negotiationguides Love the site. He does pull inventory for make and model. I was just curious as I can not locate data. Thanks Again!!

BOBR

He seems to cite his sources for where his data comes from:

Also note that his suggested target discounts are significantly lower than what many of the brokers here are offering.

2 Likes

Looks like he may be aggregating the data himself and putting it together using CarGurus.

No way to avoid doing the work, sadly.

Reality of the market at large unfortunately.

Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.

Inventory tells you nothing about the main leasing parameters (RV, MF, incentives).

Most cars do not lease well. They don’t have the combination of RV, MF and incentives to make leasing them worthwhile. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.