Made ~$11k in profits by selling leased car to Carmax

This is the best time to sell your used car to online dealers. I recently sold off two of my cars.

Car-1: 2010 Nissan Altima: bought in cash for $17k during 2010. 85k miles. Minor paint damage, dirty as I hardly washed it 10 times in last decade. Base model.

Carvana offered $6k. Rest were between $2k to $4k. Sale process was easy. Upload/ finish documents online, got appointment, had a Carvana guy showing up on time, looked at odometer and glanced at car for a minute. Handed me the check and left with the keys. Car was still Parked on the street for good 2 days before they picked up.

Car-2: Subaru outback 2018 limited trim. 17k miles. Leased in 2018 at 0 DAS, $380 a month including premium service/maintenance package. Thanks leasehackr community which guided me for my first lease. My buyoff amount was set to $21k the month I sold it. It had minor damage in panel of one of the side mirrors.

Carvana offered $29.5k, shift $30k, AlGo $27.5k. Was going to sell to shift but they wanted me to drive 100 miles to their service station. Decided to get my car appraisal and inspection done at Carmax. They offered almost $32.5k. I sold it to carmax right there and then.

So made around ~$11k in profits buy selling my outback to carmax rather then returning at end of lease. Second hand car market is crazy right now.

Good thing, I secured my 2022 Telluride SX at MSRP right before I sold my other cars.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sold one to CarMax