Mach E GT / 43,265 with lease incentives, room to negotiate?

, ,

Feels like a good take home price for an eventual lease buy out, but with ev tech the way it’s been going, I’m not sure I’ll want to. So a low $ down, low monthly would be the way! Unfortunately, Ford doesn’t seem to want to play like Hyundai or others when it comes to leases. I’m not sure what’s causing the inflated number here or what I can say to try to negotiate something closer to my goal of low DAS and sub $500 monthly? Can you help me identify any levers?

I’ve seen a few people here and there hit my target numbers. Any help appreciated! Thanks :pray: pls be nice to the newbie. :pray:

If you’re after a certain payment and DAS, then email the dealer and tell them EXACTLY what you want and get them to respond back with a counter.

As for why the numbers are marked up, same thing. Ask the dealer to provide you with their MF and other relevant numbers, then build your own LH calculator.

If the dealer won’t provide, they’re hiding something.

1 Like

After leasing a bunch of different EVs, I was hoping I could get into another MachE but they don’t lease well even with typical discounts. I assume that $3500 is the state rebate. Dealers will discount these and this quote here doesn’t show that.

Reality is at least for now you’re better off buying a heavily depreciated used MachE if that’s what you must have but a better move is an Ariya ID4 or Ioniq

Also since you’re new to leasing @Bostoncarconcierge can help make sure you get a great deal.

1 Like

Thanks! This is very helpful. I’ll be direct with the dealer and see what info I can get.

I really like the drive on the MachE. Aesthetically, don’t love the Ioniq or Ariya. (I know not a great reason.) I will give the ID4 a deeper look. And yes! I’ve been peeping @bostoncarconcierge’s posts.

Yeah I mean you should like how your car looks… but at least in the case of the Ariya it’s an 18m lease and you’re saving a couple hundred a month over the MachE.

If you can find the ID Pro S AWD that’s just under 55k you can also get the 3500 state rebate, often point of sale, that helps a lot too.

1 Like

Good points - didn’t realize Ariya had an 18m lease.

The $3,500 is a dealer discount and not the state rebate, so that knocks the monthly down by ~$100 if I don’t move out of state in the next 36m.

Did you move forward with the Mach E?

tl;dr - no. may test drive a model y again (they have an attractive lease, car has the HP and charing features I want – key for me). other EVs aren’t feeling attractive right now.

Ford leases aren’t attractive at the moment. I’ve found MF and residual value are not competitive at all, and make leasing via Ford feel like financial suicide, though the OTD price appears low-attractive. Best I found on a lease was $630/mo, 36/10, 0 down (just tax, title, etc.) This price does include excise/sales, which is a sizable ~$100 in MA. Ford seems much more intent on selling the cars, but 47k OTD is meh. I do really like the car, though.

Anyone have an x/a/_-plan code I could use to see if that knocks it down more? I used to work for a company who was a Ford-supplier, but no dice now.

If I felt like I could sell the car for ~32k in 3 years, I would probably pull the trigger on buying. But I’m not confident in that. I’m also worried about Ford’s committment to EVs in general. One dealer seemed actively hostile to me considering the mach E, though they had several wasting away on the lot. He brought up how they turn into frozen robots in the winter, lacking charging infra., better alternatives - it was wild.

join mustang club of america