Macan EV. Are you getting one?

Well youā€™re clearly not someone who wastes a ton of time configuring Porscheā€™s then. Cool to see theyā€™ll give you some non-EV wheel options and that you can get the RS Spyder wheels.

I must say, it is an incredible feeling to take delivery of a car that was so highly personalized to exactly the way you wanted it.

5 Likes

Was waiting for news about this, starting price is a good bit higher than I expected

The price is a bit higher than I was hoping as I had my eye on it for my wife (but secretly me).

1 Like

I started configuring a Macan a while back for my wife, but then just gave up half way through when it went over $100k. We went and test drove a Q5e P+, but she didnā€™t like it. It had everything she has in her MDX, but she just didnā€™t like the car. I loved the Q5e. She probably would have loved the Macan. There are no less than 4 Macans in our neighborhood, all driven by middle aged women.

One day though, when Iā€™m like 90, and Iā€™ll be like ā€œOh man, Iā€™m going to die soon and I have all this money.ā€ Or maybe after we put the kids through college, Iā€™ll get something nice for myself. Responsibilities suck.

1 Like

Considering the price of the Taycan, this seems well priced. Porsche recently has never been about value so these will likely sell well.

Place your orders, people :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It is exactly where I expected it. I would also expect a RWD Macan for less in the future.

I wonder what company builds the Porsche configurator for their website. Easily the best in the biz.

3 Likes

So Iā€™m actually really having a hard time with this.

My cheap-o Macan loaner lease from last year is going back any day now, and I really, really, loved it. Way more than I thought I would. It handles like a car, not an SUV, and Porsche, unlike BMW, manages to make it both handle well and ride comfortably. They can do both.

So now, for the first time ever, Iā€™m thinking I really could be happy with one of these longer term. So I start building without making any sacrifices and I build a base Macan up to the price of a Macan S, then I build an S over the base price of a GTS, so at that point, might as well get a GTS. Itā€™s a tough game.

9 Likes

And to have it live on the day of the announcement :+1:

No one mentioned this yet but am I the only one who thinks this thing is ugly??? I could be in the minority but I think weā€™ll see deals on this sooner rather than later.

Iā€™m the biggest Porsche fanboy and have loved everything they put out in the last 30+ years - even the 996 911.

1 Like

Agreed. I immediately loved the Macan, and I didnā€™t expect to. It is a vehicle that you really have to drive and experience before casting judgement.

For the spec (especially if building/ordering), I would personally choose the higher performance (i.e. S) over a blown out loaded base Macan. That is one thing that has been great with Porsche, although you pay for it, is the number of options on all trim levels.

I donā€™t love how tall the front & rear facia appear, but I think it looks good overall.

Really interested to see how the leases go for these because arenā€™t these Model Y competitors? If so pricing seems way out of lineā€¦ idk much about these

I think itā€™s fine, the only thing I donā€™t like is the headlight, they should have stick with the current one instead of copying taycan.

Have you tried winning the lottery?

Maybe cancel his Netflix subscription.

1 Like

Porsche is leagues ahead of Tesla in terms of everything. I donā€™t think these two manufacturers will ever be competitors.

6 Likes

Pagani has the best and a subsidiary of Porsche helped build it. Pagani will show you a Forza-like video of your build.

http://virtualexp.pagani.com/

Porsche is not a Tesla competitor.

2 Likes

I happen to have a strong passion for both :joy:

Porsche - love, world-class vehicles
Tesla - hate, cannot fathom how popular they are