M340xi screw in tire

Don’t cheap out. That is in an unrepairable spot and is compromising the tire at this point. Plugging it is putting you, and others around you, at risk.

Puncture repairs are limited to the center of the tread area. If there are punctures or damage in the shoulder or sidewall of the tire, it is not repairable.

Find a used tire at one of the places mentioned. As a last resort, buy a new one and have it shaved down. While you could possibly get away with a plug, is it really worth the chance of injuring you or someone else should it give out on a hard corner maneuver?

EDIT: Just saw you ordered them. Missed that post.

UPDATE:

Car is perfect again, got the tires installed, used tire had no repairs on it and matched the depth perfectly with other front tire.

Total cost: $131 + $25 (Installation) = $166. (Used tire ordered from utires.com)

2 Likes

I’m very glad that you got that replaced instead of trying to drive on such a dangerous item for the next 16 months.

1 Like

Just because I’ve never ordered tires online. How exactly does this work? You order it, it comes to your house in a box. Then you take it to a tire shop like American Tires and pay for the installation of a tire you bought elsewhere?

Yes could not risk driving on a patched tire, specially considering I constantly get to hit 100mph+ on empty straight stretches and average around 75 to 85 on highways.

It was a first time experience for me too, basically depends on where you order the tire, example with tirerack during the checkout process they give you option to ship it to one of their preferred installer and they show you the cost of install upfront, then the tire installer sets up appointment with you.

In the case, when you are shipping it at your place, you can call around and ask for quotation for install and take the tire to the shop for installation, do note that some places don’t install tire if you don’t purchase it from them or will charge you extra. I got mine done from Sullivan tire , when asking for quote the quotation ranged from $15 to $75.

1 Like

I dont think that can be patched, but i have had patches not too far from that spot. Never have had any issues knock on wood…if it wasn’t a run flat i wouldn’t consider a plug

This is wayyyyy better IMO than when four tires arrived bound-togther with a UPS label on them. Made that mistake once.

Glad you got it fixed, thanks for the detailed follow up!

2 Likes