M340i - Converted? Maybe! Outgoing: 2017 AMG C43

Thank you! I thought that might be the case, but couldn’t be sure based on the other misinformation they gave me. Much appreciated!

1 Like

New York does not do MSDs. What state is the dealer in?

After I told him to check with BMW Finance, he came back to acknowledged they do. It was in Tennessee, for a register in MS.

Well… here’s some real time updates:

The original deal I posted here didn’t pan out. The GM refused to honor the CAs agreement to 11% below MSRP, and the trade offer was obnoxious.

So dealer #2 started off great, and we agreed at 10.5%, and awaited a good trade offer. He needed to perform an extra amount of due diligence, mostly because of his location, not being such a great market for the C43. He is being overly cautious with my trade, and came back with an offer of only $34,000.

This would effectively force me to just do a EOL turn in, where I would need to get tires and B Service, at a combined cost of… I’m guessing maybe $1000-$1200, Plus my $595 Disposition - so now let’s just call it $1,800 after taxes.

Sooooo… Because I always like to have options, yesterday before I negotiated THAT deal, I had made contact with another dealership, (the Internet Sales Mngr). I did a cold call, told them what I was looking for, and what I NEEDED to get a car on order by the end of the month, or this week even. I gave him the trade info, VIN, etc… and of course, even though he was optimistic, he couldn’t be totally committed w/o the blessing of the GM, so he promised to get back to me today when his GM was back in to work.

He texted this afternoon and asked - if they agreed to 11% and offered $36,000 for my C43, could we move forward. So even though their Doc fee is higher, ($699) this is by far the better deal. the difference in the half percentage point is only -$335, and the difference between the Doc fee is +$274. So that is pretty much a wash. One thing to note, this other dealer is located near the MB Plant, and I feel that this helped him squeeze out a little more on the trade. Obviously there are a good amount of MB owners there.

With all that being said, and given the trade offer is $2K higher, this is a no-brainer.
So… now I am just waiting on them, (the ISM and GM) to plug all our numbers in, and get my final lease sheet together.

Also of note, I just found an additional USAA incentive of $250. Every little bit helps!!

I’ll check back in later, and hopefully will have made my deposit, and updated their allocation with my build specs. Once I have gotten to that stage I will post my final, and exact numbers.

1 Like

Yeah I was going to ask about that incentive as well, good find and good luck.

1 Like