Lucid Motors SUV Arriving in 2023

Although, I am not a big SUV fan that could change with this EV.

The sedan is nice but this… :face_vomiting:

1 Like

No kidding

bottom portion looks very much like the Rivian but that upper half…

Looks like a hearse

2 Likes

I am no big fan of the Lucid Air’s rear end either. Might need to see one in person, though.

To be fair, the shots on the Lucid website are, not surprisingly, much more flattering. The spy pic gives a much “flatter” appearance to the sides.

I think most people use their luxury SUV as a lifted wagon, so why not actually give it the form of a lifted wagon?

To me, the issue isn’t in the curvature but in the proportions and the shape of the greenhouse.

The pics on their website seem to be very carefully selected so they don’t actually show anything at all.

1 Like

No kidding. If i had to choose my least favorite existing or upcoming EV SUV it would be this one.

2 Likes

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-rivian-r1t-r1s-epa-ev-range/

Not a bad looking car. I am not an SUV guy, though.

Until I can see one on the road, it’s all vaporware to me. But I live near Silly Valley, where pump and dump is an art form.

1 Like

I did not want to start a new thread, but it looks like customers will start receiving their Lucid Air next month.

Although, this article mentions that “other” EV company, let’s try to stay on topic. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m a stock holder but god are these things ugly. Looks like a futuristic Ford Flex. I’m not too concerned bc ev drivers don’t have much taste anyway, and the stock had a great couple weeks in a tumultuous market.

2 Likes

+1

Maybe the production model won’t look anything like that. Maybe Lucid is trying to appeal to Millennials with disposable income. Who knows.

They’re just trying to look like cars from all the sci fi movies of the past hoping that the nostalgic gen xers with money now will buy them. And they will…bc carbon bad.

I thought the same thing. Looking like an ugly Ford flex lol

1 Like

You know this won’t be cheap, either. I think I would rather have an iX.

I think EV world will split into 2 from design perspective. Vehicles that look like “normal” cars just electric, and weird things that scream EV. And after a few iterations one or the other side will win.

The Rivian front looks like turrets from Portal 2 to me at least

What do you mean, will split? It already is that way. The XC40 Recharge and F-150 Lightning, for instance, look like ‘normal’ ICE variants, while there are plenty of ‘weird’ intentional EV choices on the market as well.

I think it’s far more likely we will see a closer merging of the two, once this phase of novelty wears off.

1 Like