Looking To Lease Questions

Hello everyone! I’m new to LH but I’m getting confused on where to start. Let me give you quick story on my situation. The car I have a loan on right now is going to be considered a total loss due to water damage. So now I’m in the situation of leasing a SUV or car. I currently reside in WA and I’ve been looking at the Subaru Outback Limited or a Toyota 4runner TRD PRO lease. So where do I begin? Do I start looking at random 2020 Toyota and Subaru dealerships for the MRSP of a vehicle I like and then shoot a email off asking to lower the price and get the MF and RV how do I get a Zero drive off or get the best lease for myself? I’m not seeing a lot of brokers in WA do I find one in Cali and ship the car to me? Thanks for reading my post!

Those two vehicles are extremely different vehicles with extremely different markets. If you like them both equally I would just focus on the Subaru Outback. The Subaru Outback is the aggressively discounted model of the Subaru line and the TRD PRO 4Runner is one of the most premium models of the Toyota line (Typically Sold for MSRP or higher because of low supply and high demand)

If you want a zero driveoff lease you just tell the dealer/broker you want the lease structured like that, some will try to force you to do minimum driveoffs but you can always do $0

A lot of dealers in California don’t do out of state leases but its worth trying only if you are getting poor results in Washington, might have better luck in Oregon

3 Likes

Hey Jeff thanks for the answer! I think I will stay with the Outback limited! I’m just curious I spotted this thread 2020 Outback Limited 305 month do I just need to negotiate with the dealer to come down on price? Also I found this Outback Limited do I just need to email in and get the info I need, punch in the calculator and see what I get ? Sorry for so many dumb questions. I’m kinda confused when I see people get good deals. I have no Issue with credit 750+

The first one isn’t relevant, its a deal from 9 months ago in a different state. Yes you can reach out to them and tell them you are interested in leasing that vehicle. Give them the stock#, miles per year, amount due at signing, and your zip code

You can go to Edmunds to confirm the buyrate money factor and residual value for the Subaru Outback limited in your region

2 Likes

Awesome thanks Jeff! I think you cleared up some of the fuzziness on how to go about this. If I have any more questions I’m I able to PM you?

You can but I think its good to get feedback from more members on LH, after doing your homework and talking to dealers you can post your deal sheet here to get some more feedback

1 Like

There are some fantastic Leasing 101 and negotiating articles that would be well worth your time so you can have at least a basic understanding of how all the variables impact your monthly payment, how to use the calculator, etc.

With regards to the Outback, @28firefighter can potentially give you a handful of dealerships in the Seattle area that he’s had good luck with in the past (I’m currently blanking on which ones except for where he referred me to in 2018).

I will say that I did not have a good experience at Walker’s Renton and would personally not recommend trying to deal with them.

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but he had a Subaru thread.

If I might add, I remember seeing Subaru providing a $1,000 coupon when you submit info to their build configuration and built a car when I was looking into the forester for my dad.

1 Like

Anytime I’ve reached out to a dealer the first question they ask is how much do I want to put down? I need to start with negotiation on the MSRP correct? Then go from there?

To the OP, it’s early hard to help you if you refuse to follow the best advice given to you :point_up_2:t4:

3 Likes

The build credit submission went away back in September, I think.

OP - get quotes from Subaru of Puyallup, Carter Subaru, and Eastside Subaru - they’re all straightforward and upfront with their pricing - no matter what make sure you’re getting a breakdown of MSRP, sale price, fees, MF, and residual if you want us to help you here.

Avoid Walker’s in Renton at all costs.

2 Likes

First Lease Deal or no Deal? Got this what do you think? I think I used the calculator right I will post the lease info.

I’m guessing this is a 2020 Outback Limited but you should specify

Whoops sorry this is a premium with approach lighting in the mirrors.