Looking to get out of kia lease....please help

Hyundai/Kia doesn’t permit this. He cannot take this route.

This is an excellent example of why one should NEVER get a lease longer than 3 years.

1 Like

The issue isn’t the 3 years, the issue is not wanting to drive the vehicle to the lease term. Many leases will cost you a bundle to get out of 13 months early.

And if the lease had only been for 3 years the OP wouldn’t have this problem. Hmmm…

And yet the OP at lease inception fully intended to drive the car the full term. Hmmm …

Lots of people intend to do a lot of things. The longer the term the higher the risk that what you wanted in Month 1 is not the same as what you want in Month 37. Come on dude, this isn’t that hard.

1 Like

I’m assuming that we havent mentioned a pull ahead program since its a Kia and most companies wont do it for Kia?

I thought Volvo’s pull ahead program was 6 months, but i dont know what car you currently had to have to be eligible for it.

So S90 is a no go:

This offer is available to you if:
• You currently lease an Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz
• You lease or purchase a new S90

This program is somewhat of an anomaly. You don’t see programs like this often, and a pull-ahead for a mainstream brand >2-4 months is extremely rare. It’s very much a “right place, right time” type deal.

1 Like

This site here advertises the $199 lease on the Cadenza Premium with $2,999 due at sign, plus drive off.

I am trying to trade in a 2012 Optima LX with 97k that had a recall and a brand new engine just installed by KIA.

My credit score is around a 620 because of high utilization but no bad remarks or anything like that. The sales rep said they may be able to push me to tier 2 or tier 1 credit because I currently have a Kia.

My questions is what numbers should I look to get as far as negotiating price and everything? I drive my car a fair amount so I would like to purchase after the lease agreement is up so I dont have to pay the extra miles per year charge.

Overall I need help, buying my Optima wasn’t to hard but with a trade in/ first time leasing I need help.

Thank you,

-James-

OP, ride it out until 6 months or less remaining on the lease. “Pull-ahead” programs are literally incentives that you qualify for as a current lessee. You will receive those incentives whether you have 1 week left or 13 months left.

It would not be a sound financial decision to end your lease early unless you’re well over mileage or have a ton of damage. (Even then I’d wait until you’ve paid the vehicle down more, with 2-3 months left).

Bite the bullet