Looking to buy a 23' Telluride - Does CPO or Used make a difference?

, ,

Hello Hackrs - I’m in the market for a lightly used Kia Telluride SX in the Southeast (GA/FL). I’ve found a dozen or so for around $40k (MSRP is ~$50k) with less than 30k miles. Some are CPO and some are just Used, all are from Kia Dealerships. There are still many years of MFR warranties and I believe the warranties transfer to a subsequent owner.

What am I missing out on if I buy Used instead of a CPO model? Thanks in advance for the insights.

SX or SXP (aka SX Prestige)?

Just SX. I don’t place much value on the Prestige features. HUD or heated/cooled rear seats don’t move the needle for me.

Used Non CPO Kias only have a 5yr powertrain warranty, CPOs have 10 yr PTW

https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/kia-brand-info/kia-used-car-warranty/

So isn’t that a ~$46,000 car that was going for $2000 off last month?

I haven’t seen a 2023 Telluride SX X-Line AWD with a sticker price lower than $50k. But if you can help me find one, it would definitely help me negotiate with the dealers.

Also, I don’t plan on paying $40k, that’s just the price range they are listing on their websites.

That’s different from an SX which you mentioned in your previous post.

I’m not seeing any ‘23 SX X lines within 500 miles of NYC for less than 46 and that’s from poorly reviewed dealers.

What are you planning to pay and what’s that target based on?

Sorry if I didn’t specify which SX I was looking at. What is your advice here? Are you saying a used 2023 should be $46k and was going for $2000 off last month. I’m not tracking if you think that price is high or low?

Also, i’m looking in GA or FL. Not NYC.

I just don’t see enough of a reduced price to justify buying used over a discounted brand new one.

1 Like

I’ve been digging in and you are right. Any of the lower priced used (2022 - 2023) Tellurides have accidents or are from terribly rated dealers. I think buying or leasing new is the way to go. I’ll start a new thread to see if anyone knows of the best leases for new Tellurides.