Looking into a 330i lease in IA, are MSDs regional?

, ,

Hi,
I’ve tried to research this a bit, but haven’t really found anything. A dealer (in Iowa, I’m in Minnesota) has a loaner 330i with about 4k miles on it. I reached out requesting a quote with full MSDs and Acq fee waived for .0005 MF bump (hoping for a 24/15k lease). They responded that they can’t do MSDs or the MF bump. Are those two tools regionally based? The dealer seems pretty honest, but want to know for sure before I progress in the deal.

Thanks!

The MSDs have been regional in the past, i think they’re national now.

Some dealers just don’t want to do MSDs

These were the two lines I got.
“The acquisition to BMW can not be waived.”
“BMW does not have any multiple security deposit programs available that we can see.”
MSDs likely not something you can add after the fact, correct?

correct, you can’t modify a signed contract

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

FYI - alot of the deals you see on this site are in markets with alot of volume dealerships who need to be competitive such as CA.

It often times can make sense to get a car from out of state and have it shipped to you if your local dealers don’t want to play ball. It’s a bit more legwork but can save you big time. If you don’t want to do the legwork, there are some really good brokers on this site you can use who are familiar with doing out of state deals.

Likely my best bet to get a solid deal in my region (was basically laughed at by the 2 dealers in town), but this process has been helpful in the learning experience!

Who is telling you this? Are you working with a salesperson? If so, you may need to ask to talk with a Sales Manager or Finance Manager to get this sorted out.

Yeah I believe he’s a salesperson. He’s stated that his sales managers are highly motivated to move the cars, since the 2018 leasing/rebates end this month, but not motivated enough to get to the 20%. So I imagine they’ve been discussing my offers?

Allot of dealers are lazy or clueless, can’t be bothered to read through the programs.

Sales mgr isn’t always of help…mine didn’t know about acq fee waiver and had to call FS to confirm I was right

Right…I’m not saying the sales manager is going to know everything, but I know the sales person isn’t going to be the one to call BMWFS to figure out what’s what. Isn’t it a crazy thing when the buyers know more about the programs than the sales people, sales managers, and Finance Managers?

Am I in the wrong asking them to call BMW FS to ask if MSDs can be applied and/or acquisition fee can be waived for MF bump? Is it better to just walk away at this point?

A little out of context, but I received this email advertising from a BMW dealer in NJ today. :rofl:

On my initial emails, my first offer for a 2018 BMW X2 (~48k MSRP) was $699 a month, or with 3k down $629 a month. He stated the $629 a month was a “great deal”.

I think it depends on the situation.

If they’re giving you a discount that’s about what you’re looking for and you just need to put the finishing touches on the deal by applying MSD’s and waiving the acquisition fee in favor of a bumped up MF, then I would say it’s worth it to push them. However, if they’re pushing back hard on the discount, then even with MSD’s and acquisition fee waiver, the deal likely won’t be at a payment you’re happy with.

MSRP: $46,XXX
Dealer Discount: $7000 (15%) plus eligible rebates of $4500
Sales Price: $34,XXX
RV: 63%
MF: .00177
BMW Acq Fee: $925
Doc Fee: $180

Car has 4k miles on it.

That would leave payments with estimated MN fees on the 24 months/15,000 miles per year lease around the $350’s per month.

That’s what they offered me. I’d do this for $300 a month, but I feel $350 is too steep for a loaner that doesn’t have much for features.