Looking for suggestions

Salesman can make new friends with the boat this deal buys him :laughing:.

I’m convinced leasing is what keeps dealerships open. You could never convince someone to pay 40k+ for an EX-L CRV but that is what OP did. (25k in payments plus ~15k residual). Maybe even closer to $45k.

1 Like

It the car payment is like this, can’t he just buy the car at the end since he’s paying so much per month? Or would it not work that way

Final lease buy out is finance company determined residual value. Doesn’t matter how much you have paid up to that point. If RV is 55% of MSRP, that is the check you have to write to buy car at end of lease.

Big payments don’t make your RV any lower

Ok. But yeah, would definitely be a terrible idea to roll negative equity into another car

@ray_tiu - An oil change should not cost more than $50 at the dealership, and even less at an independent shop. Hence, there was no reason to have included that into the lease. What other services did you purchase? Extended warranty?

As some have already said, your best bet is to keep the car until the end of lease instead of trying to get into a new car. There is no way a dealer is going to “eat” any of your remaining payments.

Bringing up this deal is like ringing Pavlov’s bell.

You’re going to have salespeople salivate at the thought of their next feast.

2 Likes

Are finances or credit score currently an issue for you?

See if you can purchase the car right now (ask for an early buy out) so at least your monthly payments would go toward the actual vehicle rather than the lease… CRV is a reliable , relatively low maintenance vehicle that you can keep for a few years …

Seems like this was more of a credit issue rather than a salesman taking advantage.

That payment is pretty much almost double what the car realistically goes for, I don’t know if they’d even allow a max advance for that much unless the money factor was sky high because of a credit issue.

Those are not mutually exclusive. Could have been both.

Let me summarize what we need from you to help.

• What is your current agreement? MSRP, selling price, MF, RV, any dealer adds, gross cap, etc. Leasehacking 101: A Guide to Reading a Lease Contract — LEASEHACKR
    If you can’t figure out the contract, just take a picture and post it. You can easily get a copy on the Honda Financial Services website.
  • What is your current credit score and where is it pulled from?
  • What is the exact payoff? Call or message Honda financial.
  • Go on vroom and carvana and get a trade in quote. What is the offer provided?

Please answer these or I’m locking the thread because we cannot provide you suggestions or help without the answers. 9/10 of these threads seem to devolve into ‘idk lol’ and then the OP getting upset and us getting frustrated when we ask the same questions over and over.

5 Likes

Snowy off ramp :snowman: :snowflake: :snowman: :snowflake:

2 Likes