Looking for suggestions on convertibles that lease well

I have an SUV for my daily driver, but am thinking about adding a convertible for fun on the weekends. I am pretty flexible on the car, as I would be fine with a two or four seater, AWD or RWD or FWD, etc. I would want the car to do 0-60 in under five seconds, though. Any suggestions on what convertibles can be hacked well right now? Ideally, I would want to keep the monthly lease cost under $600 plus tax, on a 36 month term with 5k miles per year. I am in the Midwest. Thanks for any suggestions!

Z4 M40i.

I drove the 3.0 and the M40i back to back today. The power in the 3.0 is… perhaps adequate. The M40i feels like a completely different car.

Main downside of the M40i is that it’s prepositerously loud and crude-sounding. It sounds more like a farm implement than personal transportation.

If you are a 12-year old boy, this is how you want a car to sound.

1 Like

I drove the F-Type, the Z4M40i and the Boxster a fair amount (before my recent Boxster S lease) and I’d go Z4M40i all day. It’s more buttoned down than the F-Type in a good way, and you’ll be hard pressed to get into a base Boxster under $600.

Thanks for the recommendation! I wouldn’t have thought of this one, but will go for a test drive soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the comparison info! I will check out the Z4 soon!

If you’re looking for a Z4 M40i in Misano blue you should be in luck.

[I did not sort or filter the search results by color.]

1 Like

As blues go, it’s a good one. And clearly popular with ordering managers. Take rate could be better.

That’s one of two deal-killer colors for me (the other one is frozen grey :face_vomiting:).

I’m not sure which I hate more.