Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Good to know. I’ve got a shop I trust, and those are issues that are definitely not worth any cost savings.

You should go back and get it fixed anyway — did Luis (the owner) do yours? He did mine perfectly so I’m surprised yours turned out so bad. How did it turn out for @Wonks20 and @fobe46?

Yes, Luis did mine. I believe both @Wonks20 and @fobe46 had issues with their tint too, but I’ll let them chime in themselves.

Ouch. What tint did you get? If it wasn’t Rayno, I wonder if he’s having trouble with new film — when I got mine done, he mentioned he was getting authorized for another product but I don’t remember which one.

Otherwise, I feel bad for recommending if it didn’t turn out well. Sorry about that!

I did get Rayno S7 and believe so did the others. He is starting to switch over to LLumar products.

Wow that’s horrible guys. Thanks for the update. I was almost going to use him but I’ll shop around. Red island tint pro has amazing reviews and charges 380 for S9. I might go with them. Any Input would be appreciated. Thanks fellas!

Go elsewhere.
Way too many creases and bubbles.
I took the car back 2nd time he fixed it but I feel like quality control isn’t there.
There was stuff he could’ve fixed the first time because it was noticeable.

I’m definitely staying away from filmkingz now. Good pricing but If the quality isn’t there. What’s the point. Any places you guys recommended in SoCal that doesn’t charge an arm and leg for tint? I’m getting ridiculous quotes for my Model 3.

1 Like

Check VIP Auto Customs in Pasadena. They were one of the places I was considering before I went with Film Kings. IIRC they were pretty competitively priced.

Agreed with @wonks20 and @Jon. Filmkingz has a good price, but the quality isn’t there. There are some scratches/bubbles on my tint, but it doesn’t bother me enough for me to take it back to get fixed. If my car wasn’t a lease I’d prob bring it back to get it fixed.

2 Likes

Have you heard of red island pro tint in Rosemead? They do rayno s9 for 380. Looks like they work on tons of high end cars.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/red-island-pro-tint-rosemead-2

A bit pricey but I bet they will be doing a quality job.
Is your car a lease?

380 is the cheapest price I’ve been given for a Tesla model 3. Some shops are quoting me 700-900 dollars for rayno s9. My car is a purchase.

Go for it !

yes he is. he was in a bad bike accident so was out for a bit but just did another of my cars this weekend and it looks great (as usual). yes he offers lifetime warranty and does mobile install so will come to you as long as you have a garage to work out of and are in the general San Diego area. hope this helps.

I tried calling the # above but it is out of service. Do you know of a new #?

Anyone know if any good deals? I live in northern San Diego, work middle San diego

Is it relatively inexpensive to have aftermarket window tinting removed?

I’m (sort of) looking for a used vehicle, but I’m immediately rejecting cars when the ad photos show that the current/previous owner added tint (when it’s obvious, it looks absolutely ridiculous).

Perhaps I’m limiting my options unnecessarily if this is easily resolved.

Is anyone familiar with the ballpark cost (or a range) to have tint removed from a car (I’m not considering an SUV).

I’m not interested in DIY.

@trism it isn’t too bad, I’d say $150-$200. They bag the windows and park it in sun and the film comes off relatively easy.

If it is a good film I’d keep it.

1 Like

I’d say @Trato is right, it doesn’t seem to be an overly complex task as long as you have a heat gun.

1 Like