Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Thanks for this. I’ve got an appointment set up and will be finally taking care of this.

@Mark_Guzman mentioned a couple in the beginning of the thread.

1 Like

Mostly I mean just the front windows that you’d mostly be looking out of. I had them done at the max legal amount (I forget what that is), and it’s still pretty hard to see out of at night.

Max legal tint in CA for front windows is nothing. You can’t have any tint at all on the front windows.

It must have changed from when I had it done then. The legal tint was a certain amount in the back and a lesser amount in the front when I did mine awhile back.

Ended up installing at the Sherman oaks recommended place here. I can recommend it too. Customer service is great and the result was stellar. For $175 they did 3M Fx on sides and rear. Installation was about an hour.

2 Likes

Looking to get my s90 tinting done in NJ.
The catch is, NJ doesn’t allow tinting windshield and front windows.
Any recommendations in and around Central NJ?

was quoted $300 for Rayno S7 on my Porsche Cayman in LA.
$400 for S9 from a different place.

Can i lease the tint?

Kidding, of course.

Check out Beach City Tint in Redondo on Aviation. I had three cars done at this place.

If these are the guys by the 101 and Van Nuys Blvd, I’ve used them three years ago on a new lease. No complaints, looks great.

1 Like

Try Al & Ed’s Lawndale. 3M Authorized window film, Paint Protection film, vinyl wrap. great prices and their installer has over a decade in the business. Give them call!

Were is the best place to get ceramic tint in the santa fernando valley all name the price looking to get my new 2019 civic hatchback tinted

Gonna reach out to Jeff.

If anyone else in SoCal is looking to get tint done, message me and maybe we can get some kind of group deal.

I’m interested.

1 Like

Jim at SunBusters Tustin. Does all the employee cars. :+1:

1 Like

Do you know what he charges? That’s a bit of a drive.

I use Window Tint Man in Garden Grove. I’ve had Wally do 7 of my vehicles. Not only is he a great guy, but I’ve never had to take the car back and have never had an issue.

$170-190 total

In San Diego I had two cars done during the past two weeks. The VW Sportwagen had seven windows done and my Clarity had all nine windows done. The tint comes with lifetime warranty. Both cars took approx three hours each. Price for the VW was $160 and the Clarity was $180. My original mobile tint guy went out of business probably because he charged $99 for up to seven windows. He too used great quality tint but left a mess when he was done on the outside of the car (just needed a easy wipe down).
I found the second place on Offerup/yelp. I called and asked what the specials where, then asked quality of films/tints and then made the deal over the phone. So far, no bubbles and the tint looks great.