Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

Just got Rayno s7 35% rear + back passenger and 50% front and man it does not look dark at all. It makes me wonder if they put 50% on the rear window instead of 35%. The back passenger windows look darker than the fronts but it’s hard to tell about the rear.

Also the imperfections really bug the crap out of me. I want to take it back in the morning but I know they will say I have to wait 3-4 days for things to dry out and set even though I’m already pretty sure what I’m looking at isn’t an air bubble that will disappear when dry.

Which shop?

Thanks for the excellent recommendation! On Wednesday, I picked up my new car and had it in with Sam at Mission Window Tint this morning.

2 Likes

I’m glad I could help! What car did you just pick up?

I’ve done too many windows tints and this thread definitely helps reduce these science experiences :joy:

Tesla Model 3

I went with ceramic at 20% on all windows except the windshield at 80%

2 Likes

Went back through the recommendations here for tint on my Outback. Inflation has come for all industries.

I narrowed down to Film Kings and a local place. FK was enough of a difference and highly rated. S7 and S9 are basically the options at both places, and FK was a bit lower on the sunroof because it’s not a pano. Dropped it Thursday night at-close and picked up Saturday morning. Luis’ estimates were right on, discounts for cash.

Heat rejection from S9 is noticeable — probably not worth the $100, but it isn’t a lease so who knows how long it will be around?

The WeatherTech sunshade also fits perfectly.

2 Likes

Ceramic is S7 and Nano is S9? I take it you did the the tinting all around? The Outback doesn’t have factory tint for the back sides and rear window? Also isn’t the sunroof already tinted?

Been putting it off, but I need to do the front sides on the Tiguan and all around on the LEAF. Waiting to see if I end up buying out the LEAF or purchasing something else when lease ends before pulling the trigger though. Tiguan we already own, but hardly drive at the moment.

Yes

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/2020-uv-penetration-level.514945/

UV treated but not IR reducing. The windshield doesn’t make sense to do for a lot of reasons, EyeSight is fussy, Subaru OEM glass has a reputation of breaking, even with the exterior shield coating. I considered it, hoped windshield pricing might help someone else.

Sunroof still got hot before tint, not since.

1 Like

I got it done at this place for my Audi A6 and they did an excellent job. Almost 400 5-star reviews on Yelp.

2 Likes

Totally worth IMO. Glad he treated you well!

1 Like

I imagine that when you sit in traffic on a day with the sun frying your car, you will feel the difference between s7 and s9 much more.

The sun in NorCal is really intense so I put crystalline on the front windshield even though it’s a lease and did standard 3m ir on the rest. If I owned the car, I would have done full crystalline because the difference is significant.

Btw just for your own peace of mind do a search for reviews from people who went with Rayno and also the installers. My installer was rather upset with them.

1 Like

Rapids spoiled my car paint while peeling vinyl wrap they are not recommended as per my experience. I have best experience with

What’s the Lancaster shop?

I believe it was Spectrum Window Tinting

1 Like

I’m at Sunshield in Sherman Oaks once again getting Xpel XR on my truck. Can’t recommend this place enough.

1 Like

I talked to the guy at Spectrum. He seemed nice, but was recovering from back issues and I needed this tint done this week due to hectic next week. Pricing was similar. I would have tried him if I had more time, but then again every time I visit Sunshield Hamid treats me well. He’s been in the business since 1986…

1 Like

Can you share your pricing and what car you tinted? Including which windows?

I got all side windows, rear window, sunroof done for $450. This was on a Sierra crew cab and Xpel XR.

Lancaster guy was also very close to this price BTW and he was pleasant to deal with when I was asking pricing questions.

Got a Tesla Model Y done by Cyber Tint in Anaheim. New shop, their work area is really clean.

https://www.cyberautoglass.com/

I paid about $1000 (say about cause I got a few other things done) for xpel prime xr plus on a tesla model y. all windows including sunroof and windshield. I’ve seen similar pricing but it was for say pinnacle formula one, or ir. I just wanted to try xpel.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]