Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

You’re in the bay area. It doesn’t get hot enough for the extra few percent to make a difference.

2 Likes

Is it more about temperature or sun exposure? The South Bay hits 90s for about a week or two, but it’s the sun that’s around longer. Sometimes it feels 20 degrees cooler in the shade. What would you have picked for socal?

It’s both.

I lived in the high desert in socal for a decade. Summer time brought lots of sun at 110+ degrees.

I’ve had Rayno s5, s7, and s9 on vehicles there. S7 was worth the money. S9 was not. What’s vastly more important is getting your front windshield tinted. I’ve had great luck with rayno air70.

2 Likes

I did 3m ceramic ir 25 on back and 30 on driver/passenger side. He didn’t have time to do windshield so I’m going to drive with it and see how I feel. I couldn’t wait two months so this worked for me.

Also there was a Lambo in there which I assume was getting tinted and not just the owners car so that was cool to look at.

I hate driving with glare, feeling my left arm and face burn etc so if this solves that it’s money well spent. And then I will look at windshield. If SoCal is cheaper than 200 for front windshield then maybe I’ll stop at one of those shops on the next trip to la.

I stopped by the previously recommended VIP in Pasadena today. They are using Xpel protective films. The middle grade was $400 without the windshield and $600 with the windshield for a 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman . Seems high compared to previous comments. Any other suggestions in the Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank area?

You’re in the SGV. Check out the nice owner Sam at Mission Window Tint:

Mission Window Tint
(626) 328-3612
https://goo.gl/maps/DiK5Mbi4g4SKN2qq6

He carries Suntek CXP and CIR. For your Mini Cooper, I would think he could do all the windows for much better than those prices. His quality of work is great.

1 Like

Thanks, saw him mentioned earlier, 40 minute drive, so still looking for other other options if anyone knows someone.

Thanks

Sunshield off Van Nuys and 101. Highly recommend ceramic tints.

I regret not doing front windshield. I feel that sun and need to book an appointment soon to get it done. It is way too hot in California right now.

1 Like

Front windshield is 100% worth it

1 Like

I know, I know…you’re the one that said it.

I’m going to go with 70% as soon as I have the time to take it in. Everywhere in the bay area starts at $200 just for front. I’m wondering how much it costs elsewhere.

1 Like

Definitely need the front windshield tinted. When you start talking about heat rejection, you cannot forget about the front windshield. It’s literally the biggest window next to the rear windshield where the most sun/ir/heat would enter the car.

If you’re willing to travel further, Film Kings in Santa Fe Springs continues to be my favorite spot. He hooks me up for the same price every time I bring him a new car. Just got the Bolt done 2 weeks ago with him. Will continue going back

1 Like

What do they charge fir front windshield down there?

I didn’t get it done but I did ask and think he said $150

Anyone in the Los Angeles area want to get a group deal going again? I have 1 other person who is in for sure.

I am looking/searching for 70% vlt all around and good IR protection (I’m tinting a lease so I’m not looking to get anything too expensive). I’m thinking Xpel xr black 70.

I will be checking with a few of the places previously mentioned in this thread. If interested in joining, please reply to my post/tag me/PM me.

Make sure to check with Luis at Film Kings in Santa Fe springs. He’s continued to treat me super well and I always go back to him.

3 Likes

Do you know what type of front windshield tint he uses? Does film kings use Rayno platinum air 7090?

I know he has Rayno (that’s what I get) but I think he also has Llumar. I haven’t ever really asked. I just see him every couple years and get the same tint every time. He’s hooked me up with a good price when I’ve gone back to him and I haven’t had any issues yet. Price is right, install is great, and that’s all I care about :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yup, will call Monday. I’ll either be going with a combination of Rayno (s7 for rears + air70 for front and windshield) or expel xr black.

Your previous posts gave me some inspiration to try doing a group deal but no bites yet.

1 Like