Looking for SoCal window tint recommendations

If you leave it on, people will assume your 3-yr old dented Cruze is a brand new car.

2 Likes

Now now, you know the rules here. No mystery cars, I want to visualize what you got. Tell us the deets.

In all seriousness, I’m actually shocked by how many people don’t realize you CAN remove the sticker; many assume it has to stay on the car for some unbeknownst reason. The mattress tag analogy was perfect. I bet the majority of mattress holders (mattressees?) still have their tags. Heck, I don’t know for sure I removed mine…

2018 M550 with 19,000 miles.

5 Likes

ohhh, sexy ride, congrats!

1 Like

At least you don’t have the airbag warning tag that sticks out from the glove compartment… right? :rofl:

3 Likes
  1. America needs secret police
  2. To collect these people when they bring their years-old car in for service

But people like me, who leave the protective plastic on as long as possible: totes normal

This Canadian mattress label has always baffles me.
I still have the Prop 65 sticker on my window, it wasn’t that easy to remove lol.

1 Like

Okay I am need of a window tint on my car. Most places quoted me around $400-$550 for ceramic tint for all the windows except windshield and sunroof. Some were Madico, Rayno, Xpel, Sun Guard, etc.

Why is it so hard to pick a place haha
The place my friend recommended me was a closer shop and does Rayno. He quoted me $420 for S5 all sides. Seems like everyone else is getting a lot cheaper.

Thoughts? Thanks

Maybe I missed something but… in what geographic area are you looking?

Sorry Southern California (Orange county)

I’m not a fan of Rayno. While it has some comparable specs on paper, the green hue the tint has and lack of a proper front windshield tint is a negative for me. But if you were to go with this, I’d recommend going to S7 at least, if not S9.

See my post back in October (wow times files) for some more comments regarding different tints.

Btw what car are you tinting?

1 Like

Tinting a RAV4
Ya the S9 is approx $100 more he’s quoting me

Update: went with Xpel on my Rav4 at a tint shop in Laguna. Solid guys and highly recommend at Relic Tint Co.

XR Black 20% on the front side
XR Black 55% on rear passenger & rear
XR Blue 70% on windshield

All for $550

1 Like

Great data point. Do you know which model a Xpel they used?

It was all Prime XR ceramic by XPEL

I stopped by https://www.monumentalworkx.com/ today (thanks for the tip earlier in this thread).

They eyeballed the current tint job (30% tint as confirmed by their measuring tool) and estimated $100 to remove it, and ~$450 to re-tint.

I’m thinking of just having the tint removed. It looks too dark to me.

Plus, I believe it is a contributing factor to every Mustang and Camaro driver automatically assuming that I want to play stupid race car games on any road with more than one lane going in each direction.

1 Like

I should add that the guy at Monumental Workx indicated that the warning label on the inside of driver’s window was on the outside of the tint and not under it. :expressionless:

Aside from the original tint installer avoiding liability for removing the label this makes no sense, but my fingernail confirmed his assessment.

1 Like

Well that is absolutely bizarre

1 Like