Looking for a short-term lease between 7 to 12 months

, ,

As titled, looking for a short-term lease. It seems if I lease a new car, either it’s very expensive, or it has to be 36 months lease. However, I only want a lease with 7-12 months.

I have been watching Swaplease. But this is my first time leasing a car ever, I am not sure what should I pay attention to when selecting a deal. So I am listing a few deals that looks not bad to me. Hopefully could get some advices here about whether they are good or not, and what would be a checklist if I decided to take over a lease. My budget is below $1000. and below $800 will be best if possible. Any help is highly appreciated!!

The deals I found were:

1. 2018 BMW 5 Series lease in Rego Park, NY
  2. 2018 BMW 3 Series lease in Stamford , CT
  3. 2018 BMW X5 lease in New York, NY
  4. 2018 BMW M3 lease in Farmingdale, NJ

Only list BMW here because most of the deals are BMW, if you have better suggestions, please let me know! Thanks again!

Did you think about doing Care by Volvo instead? It’s much cheaper, includes insurance, and you can cancel after 4 months per the FAQ:

You can cancel your subscription any time after 4 months have expired in the lease term without incurring any early termination charge. Contracts entered into the state of Illinois, will be eligible for cancellation after 12 months. This cancellation option applies to any new subscriptions beginning October 21, 2020.

2 Likes

This is going to devolve quickly. You’ve chosen 4 entirely different vehicles.

Compare the monthly payment and $/mile to what you could get a new one for, that’s what makes it a good deal or not.

4 Likes

Between the brake dust and floor mats, M3 looks a little tired. Also seems way too much. If you want short term and want to get loyalty for your next lease, go for the cheaper options.

1 Like

How many miles/month do you plan on driving?

Easy solution: lease a Camaro LT1 and then transfer out when you want to.

7 Likes

Have you financed cars previously and just never leased or do you not have any bank history on new vehicles?

1 Like

No. I never financed cases, do have any back history on new vehicles.

ah, I guess I did not know that it exists. Will definitely take a look. Thanks a lot!

You need to figure out what your insurance will cost. You may actually have more or less to play with (for the car) than you think.

1 Like

500 miles/months should be more than enough.

If you have never financed or leased a new car, the odds of bmw approving you on a lease transfer is about 0%

6 Likes

ahh, good to know! Thanks!

Yeah you neee to get a loan from a credit union and buy a 3-5 year old ToyOnda that will hold its value like crazy (Accord, CRV, RAV4 etc). Then sell it in 7-12 months. That’s what all the expats at work do and most break even when they go back home after a few months. Some have even made some money.

2 Likes

Wondering could you share more information? do you mean Camaro LT1 offer lease with free early termination? Is there a site I could take a look? Thanks!

There are a lot of camaro threads on here to read through and tell you everything you could ever want to know.

4 Likes

I would skip SAL and check out the private transfers section here first. Good luck!

cool! will take a look, Thank you so much for the information!

You transfer the lease to someone else when you no longer need it. Just like the links you posted in your original post

Worst case scenario: GM stops allowing transfers

2 Likes