Looking for a cheap new pickup in Florida

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a truck with an extended/dual cab 4x4 to tow an 18’ boat.

I was stoked when I read about the Tacoma SR Double Cab V6 4x4 through US Bank for about ~$90, but quickly learned that JM Family requires dealers to lease through SETF.

Originally thought of going used, but then I saw these amazing taco deals. Plus I could use this second lease to help subsidize the miles on the other lease and avoid going over miles.

If I go with 24mo/10k on a truck, both leases will end around the same time and I can think about getting a nicer truck to replace both leases on the next go around.

Any suggestions on where to look? Maybe next month the programs will be better? Starting to think maybe not, if factory is shut down, there is a lack of supply so dealers will play hardball. I guess it can go either way.

I should mention, I have a Ford and Honda registered to the household.

Fly up to philly. Flights are like 25 bucks right now, PA dealers re opening soon May 7th(I think they may be open now). Jrouleu is still selling.

I see that, but I am trying to stay under $100 including 7% sales tax $0 DAS.

Not happening, anywhere, ever. That Tacoma was a onetime thing at that dealer. As mentioned US Bank minimum finance is 130/month iirc stated by @Jrouleau426. He mentioned first time you break that it’s a warning, after no bueno, they won’t buy the lease. So you either need a dealer to play nice and cut you a check to get you to where you want to be, or not happening. Less dealers deal with USBank than TFS.

My two cents, read leasing 101, look at other deals (150ish Pm) except that unicorn, and come back. Also you might want to take my advice before any other hackrs come in here and say it in a less nice way.

Not happening on 7% sales tax.

I read the whole thread about Tacos so I realize it will be the unicorn. Was really just wondering if there was another truck that leased well that I should look into. I actually had a dealer in Florida say I was “pretty close” with $1500 DAS $90mo, sales manager “misread” to his favor the unicorn deal $1500 rebate as a cap cost reduction.

So that would put me at about $152 a month (7% tax inc) and $152 DAS on the unicorn.

Since this truck would not be a necessity, I thought I would spend a few weeks searching for the unicorn as the “economy re opens.”

No one is getting you a $100/mo truck with $0 DAS. Do your research and negotiate a deal yourself.

3 Likes