Looking for a broker in Houston, TX

Hello everyone!

I am in the market for a new Range Rover Sport SVR or Mercedes G63 AMG. Can anyone recommend a broker in the Houston, TX area?

Thanks,

I believe TX does not allow brokering.

1 Like

I am just realizing that, that sucks. Thanks for your reply!

Get it from out of state?

Texas does not allow brokering instate.

IMO - if you’re not based in Texas, you’re fine.

1 Like

So, are you saying Texas resident cannot use an out of state broker? :thinking:
That sucks even more.

No - I meant if you’re based in another state (as a broker), Texas rules on brokers are moot.

That’s like saying an Oklahoma store can’t sell to a Texas resident because they do not have a Texas dealers license.

Plus, Truecar operates in Texas so that whole “no 3rd party” rule obviously isn’t enforced.

That’s what I said when suggesting an out of state broker, no? lol
You confused me with “you” in “if you’re not based in Texas, you’re fine” :slight_smile:

Ahh.

Well, I’ve used Texas stores in the past and haven’t had an issue.

That law Texas has is an odd one, thought.

I wonder if that NY law passed.

Then help the guy already :smile:

That’s great, I am assuming you can help me then, if I am leasing a car from a Texas dealer locally.

I did see cars that I like from other states but I am open to anything.

I am currently leasing a 2018 Velar P380 HSE R-Dynamic and would want to trade it in.

Thanks for your help.

Oh I am definitely going with a broker this time. My last lease deal went horribly wrong :rofl:

Did you end up finding a broker here? I’m in Houston and am also interested in leasing a car this August. Most likely the new Discovery 2020. Any tips? How do you like your Velar?
Thx

So you’re at most 18-24 months into a lease I hope isn’t 36 or 39 months? And this car was relatively new to the market when you originated, and it is from a brand that notoriously leases poorly?

If this is all true, I’d really love to see your G63 lease sheets.

We can all throw in $5 and whoever gets closest wins - I’ll start; $12 gazillion dollars per month.

No, I couldn’t find a broker in the Houston area. I ended up leasing a 2019 Range Rover Sport Dynamic supercharged V8. They were trying to get rid of the 2019 models so I was able to negotiate $10k off msrp. Down from 99k to 89k.

I highly recommend this dealership Land Rover Defender momentum south Houston. Let me know if you need any help.

1 Like

I ended up leasing a 2019 RR sport supercharged Dynamic. My monthly payment is $1500, 36k/12 with 7k down. The msrp was $99k and sale price is $89k.

My velar had a 12k negative equity and the trade in value was 58k

LR don’t make good leases but they make even worse buys especially butting up close to warranty end. If you’re happy and don’t feel ripped off then that’s what matters. Enjoy.