List of places to sell or value your car online

Wed absolutely love to!

1 Like

Let us know what region(s) you cover and which brands you buy.

3 Likes
  • In CA, these my only options when I have lessor (Ally) released title in hand. Are there any others I should know about, socal region?
    GMTV, trade-in sol

• I have my lessor released title in hand now, how many days can I keep the car without registering when I have intention to sell. Sell 10-15 days after I get title in hand is fine? and 500 mile over the odometer reading is fine?

Bit OT, but does the lessor released title have your name on it specifically? Or just says Ally releases interest to the bearer or something.

I guess MyCarAuction was no good?

OT =overtime? is it because of miles or number of days passed. Does that mean I should sell as soon as possible now?

Title says,
registered owner(s):
Vault Allyfncl LSR
‘myname’ LSE
‘my address’

i think carstub could work too. mycarauction was no when I last checked few weeks ago, but at the time I did not have released title in hand.

OT = Off Topic, I was curious about the title.

I did a Yelp search in SoCal for car buyers
https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=carbuyers&find_loc=irvine%2C+CA

And found a few including MCA and CarStub, maybe one of these? I see BidLane is #3 and a ton of ads for car buyers

2 Likes

Sent one over, looking forward to seeing what you can do!

2 Likes

Try local dealers, not necessarily the brand of the car you’re selling. The dealers that are part of a network of several brands like Autonation might be able to buy your car if they have your brand in their network.

Poster has a lessor released title, dealer networks wont touch usually

Is it ok to sell my car to a private seller with this lessor released title. what if they don’t register under their name after i sell?

Lots of very weird things.

Title skipping sales can make some fun issues especially if the car is in an accident.

so not a good idea to sell privately. i was wondering what if they don’t register under their name right away?

what can I do to protect myself when selling my car to anyone.

to a private party? meet up at the DMV, private party can be scary

Selling to the dealer is the best way.

Selling privately is not an issue at all. Done it many times.

What you need to do is do it legally. Go to the DMV and title it under your own name.

You can only legally sell what you legally own.

2 Likes

so I pay tax there, and then ask for refund right there at DMV? or they will just skip my taxes right there?

There’s a detailed thread discussing all the specifics of CA refunds.

1 Like

Just like in any sale to private party or dealer, you should submit a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL) at DMV or online in CA. Its super easy.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/titles/title-transfers-and-changes/notice-of-transfer-and-release-of-liability-nrl/

2 Likes

Adding Allcars.com to the list.

They are offering strong prices on Tesla and Hyundia EVs.

and

Adding Driveo to the lists

They are offering strong prices on Jeeps.

4 Likes

What are the best sites to sell your car to a local buyer privately these days?

FB Marketplace and Cars.com? Autotrader now costs $50 for a listing. Any other good sites? I feel like Craigslist has gotten a little more shady, so not inclined to do that.

I think CL is better than FB

1 Like