List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Payoffs can take over a month, and yes you still have to make payments until then.

I paid off my Tundra lease. Took almost a month for US Bank to send me paper work and title. Then Vroom tells me I need to transfer the title into my name. Initially they said I just needed a payoff letter with title. Algo said the same. So itā€™ll probably be another month before I get title. In that time my offers have gone down 3k.

1 Like

What was original price and what is current Tundra price please? And what did USBank ask Vroom for payoff? I am also in process of Profiting from my US Bank Tundra with Vroomā€¦ Just startedā€¦

Where are you located? In Florida, it took me 2 days to get an appointment for a title at the tax collectors and I walked out with the title in hand. Total cost was $85 (including the $10 or $15 surcharge to get it printed on site instead of mailed) since the tax was already paid.

Vhooloo: my payoff was $39,600. US Bank quoted 52k to Vroom and a dealer which is basically what theyā€™d be selling it for. So I had to buy it from US Bank.

Bank in late May Vroom, Algo, etc quotes were around 49k!

Now itā€™s around 45-46k. Still a solid profit.

MechE31: Iā€™m in NY. Our DMV doesnā€™t do in person title transfers.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if has been mentioned Autonation.com can buyout most leases as their franchise network includes most if not all manufactures. They will also provide a quoting process similar to other online resellers. However, the caveat is that the car will need to be brought in for inspection so it leaves some room for them to adjust their offer price.

Sold my US bank Tundra lease to them without having to do multiple transfers.

5 Likes

I canā€™t edit the post but * Jaguar Land Rover Financial (Chase Bank) is no longer allowing third parties to get payoff quotes

3 Likes

Are they allowing the lessee to get the payoff quote and still process it a la bmwfs?

This is not correct right? I just sold my BMW to Carvana last week.

Iā€™m not sure now too. Iā€™ve had conflicting versions of events from bmwfs themselves.

I can confirm Fusion Auto charges a higher pay off to third parties.

1 Like

Sold bmw lease to algo this morning

4 Likes

Can we remove bmwfs from the list of lenders not allowing third party buyouts? Leads to more confusion since there have been recent data points of people being able to sell them.
At the very least this wiki should say - maybe they will maybe they wonā€™t.

2 Likes

As the person that submitted it I agree a note needs to be made to caution, but still attempt third party sales.

2 Likes

Per a Kia rep, Kia 3rd party buyouts will end on the 19th (today).

2 Likes

Do you know which finance companies from the list above they will work with? Is Infiniti an option?

Their dealer network includes Infiniti.

I have an offer from Carvana on my 2021 Kia K5 ā€“ does this mean Carvana will no longer be able to honor that offer, which expires on Sunday?

The one INFINITI in Tustin CA

2 Likes

Sold Es 350 to Carshop at 38000.
Buyout price on my accout was 34348. Carshop have called to Lexus financial service and showed me the fax got from LFC showing buyout price as 27xxx. They said they will mail paycheck of 11xxx to me but iā€™m bit concerned about buyout difference.
Anyone experienced like this?