List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Expect this list to keep dwindling as management either wake up or get woken up by shareholder lawsuits.

:eyes:Needs either a wiki or OP periodically update the 1st post

Duh, OP is founderā€¦ just sayinā€™

I donā€™t know. Audi and Nissan are losing a lot of lease customers over this greedy move. Meanwhile, Toyota customers couldnā€™t be happier.

Audi hasnā€™t changed anything recentlyā€¦

And there are 3rd party banks that arenā€™t able to buy from tfs, so seems there are challenges there too

I looked into doing a Buyout on my F-150 after getting a quote from Carvana. I called Ford Credit for my buyout and they informed me that they donā€™t allow 3rd party buyouts. Therefore Iā€™d have to buyout the truck first before selling it to carvana.

I can confirm as of three months ago Audi does charge market rate to non Audi dealers.

We agreed-upon A residual value I should have the option to purchase a car or sell the car to somebody else that wants it. ā€¦ hope they change this.

1 Like

You do have the option to purchase the car for the rv or purchase it for the rv and the sell it to anyone that wants it.

You just donā€™t have the option to force the bank to sell their asset for under market value to someone they donā€™t have a contract obligation to do so with.

4 Likes

Pure greed is feeling entitled to make a profit by selling someone elseā€™s property.

You do understand that itā€™s their car, right?

6 Likes

They never do when $$$ is on the table.

7 Likes

Oh yeah I understand itā€™s their car. Whether I purchased a car or someone else purchase a car I donā€™t see why it makes a difference if we have an agreed-upon residual.

Simply put if you buy one of those cars above make sure you sell it to the manufacture that you purchase it fromā€¦ It wasnā€™t a deciding factor for me I still purchased a car I would just like the option to sell it to a non-Audi dealership for top dollar.

If we agreed-upon a residual of 20,000 and the dealership says he will give you 20,000 for the car but Carmax will give me 28,000 for the car I should be able to sell at them and have an $8000 profit but thatā€™s not the case with Audi.

2 Likes

The only problem with that is I have to pay tax which then doesnā€™t make sense to do if there was a period of time where I had to sell the car that would be great but here in California do not. Plus it would take up to 90 days to get title in hand.

I get why you donā€™t want to do that, but thatā€™s a different conversation.

1 Like

The agreement is between you and them. Not between you - Carmax - them.
You are adding a new wrinkle into the equation which is requiring them to have more staff on hand to process a 3rd party buyout and therefore you are making it more complicatedā€¦for them.

If they could they would cancel all buyouts because of the $$$ they can make. but they canā€™t. They are forced by law and legal stuff in the lease. But they can prevent you from putting a 3rd party in the way.

100% I donā€™t want to detract from what you guys were trying to do. Just my 2 cents ā€¦ should have left the greed part out :wink:.

1 Like

They donā€™t want to sell it to anyone for under market value. Theyā€™re contractually obligated to sell it to you under market value, so theyā€™ll begrudgingly do it, but they have no motivation to do the same for anyone else.

2 Likes

I totally get a guysā€¦ They are in business to make money Iā€™m in business to save as much as possible I should watch what I say when I say greed I will edit my post

So you do not understand that itā€™s their car.

I understand youā€™re renting a car thatā€™s why on the statement it says rent.

Iā€™ll make sure not to comment anymore in the future

Not suggesting that you donā€™t comment, but rather that you fully understand the nature of a lease transaction.

Thatā€™s why we are all hereā€¦ Learning about leases and applying the knowledge.

1 Like

And I totally appreciate you guys a lot.

1 Like