List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Yeah I’ve thought about it.

There are good numbers in there on gc orders too

Mycarauction wants $800 as an “Acquisition fee” to process my MB buyout. They claim MB is really difficult. Does that sound reasonable?

Guess it depends. Seems high but considering you have almost no other options for MBFS 3rd party buyouts thats probably the going rate. Beats buying it/paying sales tax/ waiting on a title.

Anyone confirm if TFS is still allowing third-party buyouts (ie. CarMax?) I’m hearing yes and no. Trying to help my brother offload his Highlander.

1 Like

People often say “Toyota stopped” but don’t specify if they’re talking about TFS or SETF. SETF stopped a while ago.

3 Likes

Yea but nobody seems to have a definitive if TFS did. Saw that someone sold a Highlander to carmax in Oct so I’m thinking they might not have

Thats my point. People say Toyota thinking tfs but actually are referring to setf

2 Likes

TFS never stopped.

1 Like

I can also process MB buyouts, are you located in NJ/NY/CT?

1 Like

California

Question for everyone, does 3rd party buyouts only mean dealerships? Or am I able to sell it a person

This is through ccap btw so they do still allow 3rd party buyouts

3rd party refers to dealer. Nobody allows 3rd party private party sales.

2 Likes

This is what I needed , thanks

Why is Carvana not allowing lease buyouts from Hyundai Motor Finance. Seems like I can sell my G70 lease to any dealership except Carvana since HMF isn’t actually restricting 3rd party buyouts?
Per Carvana: “Currently, we are unable to buy out leases if you are working with: Acura, Ally, American Honda Finance Corporation, BMW Financial Services, Hyundai Motor Finance, Ford Motor Credit, GM Financial, Infiniti Financial Services, Kia Motors Finance, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, MINI Financial Services, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp, SouthEast Toyota Finance, Tesla Lease, US Bank, or Volvo Financial Services.”

1 Like

Because Hyundai is slow in giving titles, and there have been stories about how Carvana is selling cars without titles.

1 Like

I continually receive conflicting information from HMF regarding 3rd party buyouts. Half the reps say yes no problem and half say only Hyundai or Kia dealers can buy it. They are also unable to give me a buyout quote without tax despite it being an EV in NJ and me providing the applicable NJ tax exemption forms. They are a nightmare. They make US Bank look good.

I sold kia forte 2 weeks to algo. No problem what so ever.

ALGO changed their policy last week again. No HMF buyouts. They rescinded my offer and the guy I talked to said it was a toss-up whether HMF would even provide a buyout quote and even when they did they haven’t been cashing the checks from ALGO. I would keep an eye on your account and continue making payments until it’s closed.

2 Likes

Tesla just stopped 3rd party buyouts on leases :expressionless:

1 Like